cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Dates onX-Axis of SPC Chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to display dates on the X axis of an SPC chart? I have my date field entered in the 'TimeStamp Column' field in the display template yet all it displays are sequential numbers. The data is coming from an Excel spreadsheet where the dates are sequential numbers formatted as dates.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can put it in the X Axis Label Attribute on the Ext Mapping tab. You'll need to format the date with your query.

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jamie -

I added the date column to the X-Axis column field on the Ext Mapping tab. I formatted the date in the query template as so .. Select Format(date, 'mm-dd-yyyy').

The X axis on the chart is now blank - no labels at all.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the date time column is set as an attribute column in your display template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Udayan - that worked!

David

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

As a general rule, the solution that Udayan provided you with is relevant to all of the SPC Chart properties that are of the Attribute nature. These mapped fields essentially mean 'which attribute should I use for the XAxis Label'....'which attribute should I use for the mouse tracking area'....etc. So if they are not already mapped as an Attribute Column you can't use them for the other 'Attribute' parameters.

Depending upon the dataset size you intend on displaying in the iSPCChart you may run out of horizontal space in the XAxis and experience some limitations with the combination of Ticks Per Label and Label Depth, so the Mouse Tracking is a great alternative for allowing the user to hover over a data point and see the mouse tracking attributes on the top right hand region of the applet.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (0)