cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are collecting IDOCs in the Application system . We want to trigger this file everyday at NOON.

Should the Trigger point should be in R/3 or it should be in XI? I am using a sender File Adapter and we are on SP19.

Any related blogs

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jenni,

Refer the blog for scheduling comm.channel in sender. But you SP has to be 19 and above.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your valuable guidance.

Moorthy : To answer your question, IDOCs are collected in the File in the R/3 Application system for delayed processing.

If it is an immediate processing that we do in R/3 yes it will pass thru the IDOC channel, But in my case I want to collect the IDOCs using the background processing.

thanks

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay Jenni. Thanks for sharing your requirements.

Rgds,

Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni:

Check this page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/06bd029da31122e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

If you don't have special need, I would trigger it from XI, to avoid making 2 points of possible failure. I think doing this in XI is easier. To do it on R/3, I think you need to avoid the immediate processing of IDocs and schedule a job to process them.

Regards,

Matias.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

How are you going to get this message into XI ? Is it IDOC >XI>File Scenario..

or you have the out put file located in the SAP system with Multiple IDocs. Now you need to transfer this file into reciever via XI.

anyway as per the last statement you are using Sender File Adapeter. SO you need to schedule this in XI . For this you can go to RWB>Component Monitoring>Adapter Engine>Communication Channel Monitioring>Choose your channel and go with <b>Automatic</b> option. This is the concept of Availability Time for the Adapters.In this way you can schedule the Sender File Adapter

SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/06bd029da31122e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Blog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Rgds,

Moorthy

Message was edited by:

Krishna Moorthy P