cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Org Structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we Transport SRM Org Structure fro our development System to Test and then the Prod System?

I understand that this is not Transportable But i still want to Confirm this.

Please can you confirm this with me.

Thanks Gurus,

Subram S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See this SAP OSS Note, which will help ->

Note 995771 - System Landscape Copy for SAP SRM 4.0 and 5.0

Regards

- Atul

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes ALE transport is possible.

Kind regards,

Yann

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Within SRM5 you can transport a structure using the report RHMOVE30. This will generate a customizing task. In the selection screen select your root node in the object field and EBP-DOWN as evaluation path.

After the transport in the target system, you need to convert the attributes in reference to a logical system with report rhom_attribute_replace and transaction BDLS.

I use it to replicate a structure in another client (dev to sand box).

Rgds,

Pierre

mr_stirfry
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hopefully, you are not doing HR ALE Replication and asking this question based on a Locally maintained Org. Structure within SRM.

You can not "transport" the SRM Org. Structure between different landscapes like Development, QA and Prod (this sound dangerous). Org. Structure needs Business Partners and Central Person created, which are not transported amoung a some things.

You can "replicate" the Org. Structure between different landscapes, <b>BUT</b> this should only be a <b>ONE</b> time deal and if you already have data in these systems I would not do it as your number ranges (for things like Business Partner numbers) maybe already used due to the existing data in the system...thus, there would be issues. Replicating to Production from a SRM Dev, QA, Sandbox, whatever system is pretty much not recommended (and if you want to do this with a live Production system...Don't do it!) or if you are going to do it in a non-live Production system to reduce all that work you probably should get someone with a lot of experience doing Org. Structure replication. It is a <b>ONE</b> time shot in a clean system because your system and number ranges will eventually go out of sync as your Org. Structure admin will probably be creating data directly in the appropriate landscape...also there is a risk of loosing historical data if the BP/CP get re-issued to a new value. It's complicated to explain briefly.

stirfry...today is fried beef.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never replicated between QA & Production system but I read a document by SAP named "Setup, Transport and copy of SAP EBP Systems" for EBP 3.0 In which its saying that we can transport Org model from QA to Production system.

If any wants give me your mail ids, I'll forward it to you.

Thanks & Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subram,

a transport of the Org Structure is not possible due to the numbers / references

created in each system. You have to go the manual way.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per my knowledge, we can replicate between test and production clients by developing a ALE distribution model. Give me your mail id, I'll forward the necessary document to you. The document is based on SRM 2.0 version but the same working in SRM 5.0

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Please send me how the ALE Setup for transporting Org Structure Works.

My Email id is : sapplayer@gmail.com

Thanks ,

Subram