cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing value from one application to another application

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can any body tell me how to pass value from one application to another application.After calling the application from another application.i don't know how to pass the value to the another application.

can any one give the detail for the same.

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do following steps..

if ur creating a DC project.(local or on tracks)

<u>web dynpro project whr u want values..</u>

web dynpro comp-> comp controller-> interface view-> add parameter to default inbound plug....

create a context at componant controller to store coming value...(as user name came from login screen-> it`ll set parameter of inbound plug-> u assign that parameter value to context-> then access it in ur other screens(as at screen u cant access inbounf plug directly))

make public part of comp controller as a API package.... build it

-

<u>web dynpro project from whr u send values..</u>

add that public part in ur web dynpro project``s used dc`s.

in used web dynpro componant-> add ipublic part as used componant..

now u`ll get the corrsponding screen whr u want a value...

in window-> embed new view->embed interface view of componant instace

at next screen u hv to create on componant interface from used dc`s..

automaticall it`ll give u options..so ucan simply choose it.

create a outbound plug at ur screen, from whr ur sending parameters... and add that parameter in outbound plug..

open diagram view of window..whr u`ll get two view...just link the outbound plug to default inbound plug....

it works..........

if then also ur unable then tell me i`ll send u a ppt of steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a node(XYZ) in context of COMP1's component controller(CC) and set this node as interface node.

In the COMP2 you can make COMP1 as the part of component usage and map the same context node XYZ in COMP2's CC context. The data exchange is taken care by mapping.

You can further extend the context node(XYZ) mapping to the view from the coressponding CC context and set the values for the attributes.

Hope this should help you.

Rgds

Kartik

Message was edited by: Kartik

Karthick Gopi

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I have created interface node in my comp1, this nodes attrbute is having sme value. now i hav mapped this interface node to the ui elements of second comp2.

here the ui element is inputfield. mapping is done. everythnig fine. but the value is not displaying in input field. still what the thing i hav to do for to view the value of the attribute in inputfield.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where are you setting the attributes of the interface node? Are you doing a context binding in comp2? Only then there will be values.

Regards

Nithya

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

yes,

i hav done the context mapping.

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

wether i need to write any code on doinit method of my first comp(comp1) or wat...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to get the data and do a bind_element to your node. Only then there will be any data. Once the mapping is done, whether the node is an interface node or not doesnt matter. It is like any other node in your view. If you want to display something, bind it to the context.

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nithy,

the interface node is capturing data. i am displaying it in my first application, its working fine. in my second application i binded this interface node with input field. but i m note getting value in inputfeild. y its showing in first application, but not in second. wether i need to write any code on second application or wat. pls tell me

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am facing some strange problem.can any one guide me to resolve the same.

In my first component<b>(comp1),i have created one interface node</b> and <b>passed the value to that node and displayed in the first componet(comp1).</b>Its working fine.

In the first component(comp1),by clicking prodno button ,it will navigate to the second component(comp2)

So,in my second component<b>(comp2</b>)-diff application,<b>i called the interface node of the first component(comp1) and binded into the input field of the second component.</b>

But in my <b>input field of second componen(comp2), no value are displaying.</b>if i am navigate from comp1 to comp2 by clicking the button in the comp1.

Advice me to solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Ravi.

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz anybdy could take initiative to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

please check the inter application navigation tutorial <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/library/webdynpro/wd%20java/wd%20tutorials/inter-application-navigation%20in%20web%20dynpro.pdf">Here</a>. It talks about passing parameters also from one to another.

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m really very sorry to say Mr.Ghosh, This is Webdynpro-ABAP forum. v used to expect the same(i mean to say abap related). Could you please provide the docu which is related to webdynpro-abap

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one give the suggestion for my above query.

How to pass value form one application to another application in WebDynpro Abap.

If there is any way to pass value through paramters in the outboud plug?

Kindly give some suggestion.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ravi.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

if you need to pass value from , one application to another application .one option is through URL parameters.

Tahnks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can pass through plug parameters, or you can use interface nodes and context mapping itself. You could also use methods. Depends on your requirement. Go through the demo examples that involve more than one component, you would get an idea.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my application,i am using navigation plug for communiting from one component to another component.

For eg. i want to pass value from COMP1 to COMP2 through the outbound plug in the COMP1.

can u give some ex.for how to pass value from outbound plug of COMP1 to COMP2.

And also tell the demo example application name for passing value between more than one component.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your plug you need to add the parameters. When firing the plug, pass the parameters. In your called component, map the incoming parameters to the context.

Refer to the components WDR_TEST_DYNAMIC* and WDR_TEST_CMPUSAGE* in package SWDP_TEST.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your ex. application.but in that application i can't able to get how to pass the value between two component.

so per your suggestion,i followed the procedure.

In my first component Outbount Plug,i specififed as follows,

Parameter Refto Associated type

prd_num selected zibp_st_part_product_list-product_number.

here zibp_st_part_product is my structure and Product_number is my field name.

but i am getting the error like

<b>"The obligatory parmeter "PRD_NUM" had no value assigned to it.</b>

kind tell me where i am doing the mistake.

Thnaks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error comes because you have not passed the value for this parameter when firing the plug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nithya,

Thanks for your timebeing help.now my previous problem has been resolved.

Now my doubt is,How to capture the value in the COMP2(ie.second comp)comming from the parameter of Outbound Plug-COMP1.

kindly suggest me,how can i capute the value in the second component(COMP2).

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a context node in the component controller of comp2. Map the incoming parameters to the context in the inbound plug handler. You can access it in the views by mapping from the component controller.

Regards

Nithya