Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding batch jobs in APODP

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I just wanted to know what exaclty the "batch job run"? Is there any other way to run ? Please it will be really great if you explain me clearly

Thanks a Lot

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

for creating some demand planning related jobs (forecast, macros, release to R3 etc) check the following transactions

/SAPAPO/MC8T - Define Activities for Mass Processing - you can create the activity here

/SAPAPO/MC8D - Create Demand Planning in the Background

/SAPAPO/MC8G - Schedule Demand Planning in the Background

Otherwise go to SM36 and create a job. This comes up with a popup asking vfor ABAP program name(you can find most of them from the bottom right corner of the actual tranaction screen you are on) your and variant (you shouldve already created this either in the relevant transaction or in SE38)

you can create various steps in this job and then schedule it

As Ulises mentioned you can also use RSPC - Process Chains (depends on the version i think 4.1 onwards you have SCM processes also avalable to choose from)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In DP there are other ways to run in batch, for instance, you can use mass processing. First you need to create an activity and then you have to assign this activity to a mass process. The last step is to plan this mass process. This functionality is specifically for DP processes like run macros, run a forecast, release a forecast, etc.

Other way to run DP processes is a process chain. You can create a process chain of a series of process, these process could be DP, BW, SNP, etc, processes.

I hope this can help you

Regards.

Marí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

Executing a program in background and running in a batch jobs. You can execute a program in background while you are online, go to menu program -> execute in background and enter print parameter, schedule parameter. System creates and starts job dynamically. You can check in <b>SM37</b>. Batchjob is you create job using SM36 (with program and Variant) define run frequency. System automatically run job in specified frequency. There are also many companies which uses the third party tools for their batch job. One such example is <b>UC4</b>. The advantage of these tools u can plan both individual and dependent jobs. U can get the output as a mail confirmation. If the job goes for a dump then it will automatically restart by itself...............

Let me know if u need more details abt the batch job.

Regards,

Siva.