cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Pie chart with 22 tags. What I want to do is be able to select a piece of the pie chart and have it select itself in the legend or be able to hover over a selected piece of the pie and have it give me the data in some sort of hover. Is this possible if so how? If no, any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a specific reason you want to do this?

To me , from an end user perspective, it would be the same effort to click the chart or a specific legend.

Using the 'out of the box' functionality where clicking on the legend displays the value associated with the data point on the left hand top corner , should be good enough.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to everyone who posted. You have given me a lot of good information to work with.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kyle,

Udayan and Sascha are correct when they say that the iChart in Pie mode does not respond to any hovering over or clicking on the 'slices'. The SelectionEvent triggered by clicking on a pen in the legend, although it does give you JavaScript access to all of the data points, will only provide you with the basic mouse tracking for the selected slice only and will display the % in the top left region of the iChart.

I can envision the unsightly situation with a 22 pen legend on your iChart. Have you considered just adding an iGrid adjacent to the iChart to display your own pseudo legend? You could display the pen name, raw value and percentage if you wanted (a bonus for the user), and could even color coordinate the pen name so that the first column of the iGrid looked like the legend normally does. A SelectionEvent in the iGrid could trigger a similar selection in the legend of the iChart and that way the mouse over percentage displayed on the top left would synchronized with the iGrid.

Best Regards,

Jeremy Good

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle,

as far as I know, it's not possible to select points (slices) on a pie chart. Sorry!

Since you can't pick up the coordinates of a mouse click inside an applet from JavaScript, I don't think there is a way to do what you want...