cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish connection to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have just installed XI and done all configurations.

I am doing one example ( connection r/3 to legacy system ) . When I open I outbound object in Integration Repository and in Imported objects when right click on IDocs and click Import SAP Objects, it asks me for SAP logon details , but when I try to connect it shows an error

Unable to establish connection to R/3 system 133.136.233.170 (system=00, client=110) Troubleshooting tips:

Is the target system online?

Check the connection data (note that server names and groups are case-sensitive)

Tips for administrators (see the configuration guide for more details):

Does the user have the required authorizations in the target system?

Is the target system configured correctly in "etc/services"?

I am putting IP address in application server and checked the system number as well.

I am able to ping From webas to R/3.

can anybody help me out what could be the error

Thanks

Rekha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Maybe you forgot to define the RFC destination using SM59 and the port definition using IDX1 on the XI system.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I have done all the configuration according to the sap note u have mentioned but still I am unable to connect to R/3.

Ramesh,

Do we need to define RFC destination for importing structure of BAPI or IDOC in integration repository.I am unable to connect to R/3 system.It is giving me error during log on itself in IR.

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ramesh,

Can you elaborate how to use SM59 and IDX1

Thanks.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

did you take a look at this page?:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2b/a48f3c685bc358e10000000a11405a/content.htm

you can find sap notes - if you're expiriencing problems with idoc import (SAP Notes 677732 (authorizations), 672745 (missing function modules), 212011 (access to IDoc metadata), and 718320)

also "Authorizations Required to Import from Systems Based On SAP Web Application Server"

take a look at this page

and read if carefully it may help you with your problem:)

Regards,

michal