cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Job error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have done Archive configuration setup. In Define interfaces for archiving given 1 interface (which i want to do archive) and retention period as 1 day under asynchronous XML msgs. Scheduled a archiving job on the same day. After all these, I triggered one successful msg. The job ARV_BC_XMB_WRP* gets cancelled with error msg "Error when accessing the archive data". But I am not able to see the archive file in the physical path given in the configuration.

whr this msg gets archived?

Could any one help me wht is the problem and how to correct this?

thanx,

kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

Thanks for ur reply. I followed the same guide.

Here strange thing is 1 or 2 times, some msgs got archived but those archived msgs includes

1. few msgs belongs to the interface given in Define interfaces option

2. remaining all msgs belongs to different interfaces (those interfaces i have not mentioned anywhere)

after that no msg is getting archived but job running successfully .

Still, I am able to see so many successful processed msgs in SXMB_MONI for my interface

thanx,

Kumar.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether you have did Integration Engine Configuration

Tcode - SXMB_ADM - Integration Engine Configuration

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss,

Yes I did that . plz see below

Categotry Parameters Subparameter CurrentValue Default value

-

-

-

-

-

ARCHIVE PERSIST_DURATION ASYNC 1 1

DELETION PERSIST_DURATION ASYNC 1 1

DELETION PERSIST_DURATION HISTORY 7 30

DELETION PERSIST_DURATION SYNC 0 0

DELETION PERSIST_DURATION_ERROR SYNC 1 1

whn I change the retention period that is reflecting the curent values for 1 and 2 parametes in the above.

thanx,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Schedule the report SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS as a housekeeping job.

Also refer the following note..

Note 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in XI 3.0

Regards,

Sumit

Message was edited by:

Sumit Khetawat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

If you see note Note 974300 - Writing trace during interface-dep archiving determination you will find ...........

<i>Messages are only archived if they have specific attributes. These include, for example:

- The message is signed

- The message was manually changed or terminated (see Note 820149)

- The message has a sender and/or receiver interface that is defined as 'for archiving'</i>

In your case it is possbile that the message satisfies the other conditions.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for ur reply.. I have gone thru the notes.

>>>- The message is signed

How to check whether msg is signed or not?

>>>- The message was manually changed or terminated (see Note 820149)

Added the new parameter in Integration Engine Configuration as per the Note 820149

>>>- - The message has a sender and/or receiver interface that is defined as 'for archiving'

Anyhave this is already done.

plz let me know how to check the msg signed and other info if required to do or set up.

Thanx,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

>>>How to check whether msg is signed or not?

I dont think the messages are digitally signed. Had that been you would have been aware.

Secondly -- I dont see any reason why certain messages wont be archived for the interfaces which you have defined .All the messages will be archived if the retention period has expired.

Third - the additional message which were archived could be because of the reason mentioned in note 820149.

Fourth - If you are still not convinced/satisfied you can raise a OSS message.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Did you manage to solve or you still facing d same issue?

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith,

Thanks for asking...

Really, I cann't tell at this moment becoz today job is not archiving anything but everytime successful.

Can u clear onething to me.

1. Enter one interface for archiving and given retention period as 1 day.

2. Generated 1 msg for that interface and msg got processed succesfully in MONI.

3. Then exceuted the job for archiving.

whether the job picks up that msg or not . Do I need to wait till next day to pick up that msg.

Thanx,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KUmar,

You need to wait for one more day before the message gets picked up for archiving.

Suppose you ran a message on 3rd August 2007 at 3:30 PM. Now if your job runs daily and the job is scheduled to run at 8:00 PM then the message will be picked up for archiving on 4th August.

Suppose your archiving job runs at 3:00 PM then your message will be picked up for archiving on 5th August.

Run the following report to see details..

RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS

Regards,

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Thanx for help.

Could u plz clarify me the below two.

1) when I run the report: RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS, showing always as metioned below. wht this means?

" Message and adapter status is ignored in the following

- Msgs not in retention period (can be archived): 1 "

2) I have so many successfully prcessed msgs from last 3 months, but those msgs are not getting archived. Only msgs which are generated after configuration is saved are getting archived but not all.

plz let me know how to archive old msgs

Thanx,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Before i answer to your questions.. What frequency did u schedule the archiving jobs to run ?

>>- Msgs not in retention period (can be archived): 1 "

This means that the message can be archived. Next time when the archiving job runs the message will be archived.

>>>>plz let me know how to archive old msgs

You can only archive messages for which you have defined the interfaces for archiving before the first message was processed in XI.

>>>Only msgs which are generated after configuration is saved are getting archived but not all.

What do you mean by this ?

Do let us know if you got additional queries.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith,

Thanx for ur help.

Could you plz clarify me below 2 points on Archive.

1) Whn I run the RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS, showing below msg always with value "1" . wht it means? whr can I see that msg?

Message and adapter status is ignored in the following

- Msgs not in retention period (can be archived): 1

2) I have many msgs which are generated in last few days and processed successfully.

Whn I run archive job now, it is picking only the msgs which are generated after archive configuration set up is done. How to archive those old msgs?

thanx,

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith,

Thanx for ur help.

Could you plz clarify me below 2 points on Archive.

1) Whn I run the RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS, showing below msg always with "1" . wht it means? whr can see that msg?

- Msgs not in retention period (can be archived): 1

2) I have so many msgs which are generated in last few days and processed successfully.

Whn I run archive job now, it is picking only the msgs which are generated after archive configuration set up is done. How to archive those old msgs?

thanx,

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

1)

You see the number as 1 since at any given point of time Msgs not in retention period (can be archived): is always 1. Also run the report SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS first and then exectue the report RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS.

2)

As i earlier mentioned you can only archive messages for which you have defined the archive configuration before the first message was processed for that interface.

Feel free to post again if your question is still not answered.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith,

Thanx for ur help.

Could u plz clarify me 2 more things.

1) Whn I run the RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS, it is always showing the below info.

"Archiving

============

Number of messages to be flagged for archiving

- Msgs not in retention period (can be archived): 1 "

Why this msg is not getting archived? How to archive this? Can I see this msg that this belongs to which interface?

2) I have lot of successfully processed msgs generated in the last few months. How to archive those msgs?

Curretly Archive is job is picking only the msgs generated after archive configuration setup is made. I increase the

retention period, still no use.

Any help on this will be appreciated greatly.

Thanx,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith,

Sorry, I pasted the same question so many times becoz in my system it is not refreshed then I posted again and again. Now I am able to see all.

1) I run the report SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS (kept the dafult selection of Radio button "Times"), I got the dump "An SQL error occurred when accessing a table".

2) U mean we cann't the archive the old msgs (generated before archive configuration set up is done). Is there any way to archive those old msgs?

Thanx,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

>>>Why this msg is not getting archived? How to archive this? Can I see this msg that this belongs to which interface?

Go to se16. Enter Table SXMSPMAST

In Field--> ITFACTION Enter the following values..

XRCH

XACH

ARCH

In the next screen you will get the message id of the message which is to be archived..

Copy the message id .. go to SXI_MONITOR..

click on Advanced Selection Criteria and enter the message id.

Regarding your 2 question - refer to my earlier reply...

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Did you manage to solve the problem ?

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Thanx for ur reply.

Got the msg ID from table and that cancelled msg in Moni and that gets archived whn job ran today.

Cancelled msgs are getting archived only If I maintain the below entry

category Parameters Current value

-

-

-

RUNTIME PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES 1

in Integration Engine Configuration ---> Specific Configuration.

But in this case, every cancelled msg getting archived irrespective of the Interfaces given in Define Interfaces for Archiving. But i need to archive the cancelled msgs only for the interfaces defined.

To do this, I selected the "Manually cancelled Msgs" check box for the interface given in Define Interfaces for Archiving, but not working.

Again help me out on this.

Thanx,

Kumar.

Message was edited by:

ms kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

But in this case, every cancelled msg getting archived irrespective of the Interfaces given in Define Interfaces for Archiving. But i need to archive the cancelled msgs only for the interfaces defined.

Regarding your above question read my earlier reply.All cancelled messages will get archived regardless of the fact that you have defined the interfaces or not..

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

U r right. But my question is can we have an option to archive the cancelled msgs only for the interfaces defined.

Thanx,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

>>>>have an option to archive the cancelled msgs only for the interfaces defined.

Yes you can do the same. But only in non productive systems.

Use the following parameter in integration engine configuration -

RUNTIME - PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES - Value as 0

Regards,

Sumit

<b>PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES

Meaning</b>

<i>If message processing is canceled, these messages must be archived. This is necessary to document the violation of the EO protocol.

If you do not need this restriction in non-productive systems (for example, development and test systems), you can change this behavior by using the parameter PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL. You can assign the value 0 (No) or 1 (Yes) to the parameter. The default value is 1 (Yes).

If you assign the value 1 (Yes), manually changed messages (for example, messages whose processing has been canceled) must be archived.

If you assign the value 0 (No), manually changed messages in a non-productive system are archived or deleted, depending on the definition for the interfaces</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith,

I already tried with the below parameter. Didn't work. None of the cancelled is getting Archived.

ARCHIVE - PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES - Value as 0

Thanx,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

It will work .. Give the value as 0.

If you give 0 only those cancelled messages for which you have defined interfaces for archiving will get archived others will not.

If your problem is solved kindly close this question.

Regards,

Sumit

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Tcode - SM37 look for the log ..double click the job and find the log..

2) Run SXMB_ADM ,>> choose Schedule archving jobs >> Archive management

>>Information System >>Customizing>>Archive infostructure >> for Object "BC_XMB" and activate it. Once it is done click on Status per Infostructure

and Select your object SAP_BC_XMB and click Fill Structures

when the background job is executed you can read archive messages

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss,

Surprisingly now I am not getting the archive job error. but everytime, Job is finished successfully without doing arching. I have given one interface in "Defining interfaces for archiving and retention periods" and retention periods are given like ...

Retention Period for Asynchronous XML messages in the Database

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Deletion 2 Days

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Archiving 1 Days

Retention Period for Synchronous XML messages in the Database

XML Messages With Errors Awaiting Deletion 1 Days

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Deletion 0 Days

Retention Period for History Entries in the Database

History Entries for Deleted XML Messages 7 Days

I am able to see the successfully processed msgs in SXMB_MONI for the given interface, but it is not archiving.

plz let me know wht else do I need to do to get those msgs archived.

Thanx,

Kumar

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Check the settings once again..you would have missed ....

Regards

Agasthuri Doss