cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embeding WebDynpro component into another webdynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to embed one (embeded) WebDynPro Component in to another(inner) . I have followed the tutorials for Server side eventing at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/243ca46e1c334f8a6f8b0792656bc7/content.htm

Here are the steps I did.

1) Created two WebDynpro component "embeded" and "inner" components in a project with two views embededView and innerView respectively.

2) Defined the component usage in "embeded" component.

3) created a viewset at "embeded" component. included embededView and innerView in the viewset.

4) Included required controllers at embededView.

5) Created two button at embededView and linked it to action and wrote code to create the componet using componentusage instance.

But unfortunately i could not able se to any component created i.e the view of inner component is not visible at all.

Could anybody have an answer to the above query.

Regards

Alok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok

Please check if the default property of the viewset is 'true'.

Regards

Leena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help full answer,

default property of my views in the embeded viewset was not true and it started working once I set them up.

Thanks for your help

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow this check-list:

1. Does Outer component define ComponentUsage of Inner as "createOnDemand"?

2. Have you really embedded interface view of Inner component in vieset of Outer? Or it is outside vieset on same window?

3. Does viewset in Outer is default viewset in window?

4. Does corresponding window of Inner (pay attention -- Inner) embed any view of Inner on its own (sometimes I forget to do this)?

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

As far i understood the scenario. You want to see/embed one webdynpro view inside another web dynpro view when you click some button in the outer web dynpro view.

Is it correct ?

I had the the following approach.

>created two wen dynpro component in a project.

>define the view for the inner component.

> In the Outer component, i added View Container.

> In the View Container, i embedded Interface View of inner component.

> write some code to view this in the on action event of the button used to display the inner view.

If you are working on the same scenario, it is one method to go

Rgds,

Vilish