Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends –

Here is a scenario which I am trying to prototype:

I have product X and 3 locations: DC, Plant and Vendor. Forecasting is done at the DC level and the way business works is that the Plant does not manufacture product X but it just buys from the vendor which has infinite capacity but the product still has to go through the plant.

The way I modeled this:

I am running the SNP heuristic and propagating the demand to the vendor. Since my product/master setting at the vendor location for procurement type is P, system just creates distribution demand at the vendor.

I have created a new category type which is a copy of ATR and included the demand element (BH) in it and set the ATD Receipt field in the product master to this new category. Basically distribution demand is also the supply for deployment to create or convert snp stock transfers into deployment stock transfers.

Running deployment and then TLB to create purchase order at the plant ( sto at the vendor) which can then be sent to r/3 and then to the actual vendor through EDI.

Question is do I have to do this dummy deployment? Or is there some other functionality which would help me model the whole scenario in a better way?

Appreciate all your help!

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on my understanding, its not possible to run TLB without Deployment. However there are TLB-like functionalities on R/3 DRP side which you can leverage to build truck loads/half truck loads of Purch Reqs.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member670966
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

maybe you already found the answer, if not please have a look on note 514947

"Direct processing of SNP stock transfers with the TLB"

Regards

Knud

Former Member
0 Kudos