cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Category Attribute - Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM Experts,

I want to import a quite long text into a Category Attribute, but when I do the mapping in the Import Manager, the message says that the imported text is too long, and it will be cutted to 128 character.

Is there any solution for this problem? Can I change the type of this Category Attribute to Large Text, as it is possible by Fields in Console?

thanks,

Ádá

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam-

As far as I know, there is a 128 character limitation on attribute text (as opposed to text-type fields in the main table). Depending on the type of content you're trying to load, you could break it into 128 character chunks separated by a delimiter, and import them individually. This could work for a list of individual bullet points of text that can logically be separated. Of course if this is paragraph text, this could get very messy within data manager and publisher. The only other way I know of loading large text blocks is to import to a text or text-large field in the main table or lookup table.

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Tim,

we got the answer from OSS, and unfortunatelly it is the same.

Thanks,

Ádá

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

I have done a quick explore on this context and would like to share some information.

1. The Taxonomy metadata like Name,Alias,Definition of Attribute not physically present in the Console ( up to my knowledge ) - so it hard to change the data types...either we have to go with 128 or split the actual text into Name and Alias.

2. Even Data manager import also not supporting the Definition import since its not recognized field by MDM..

eagar to know what other experts says ....

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

if you want to change the field type from Text to Large Text you have to delete the field and create another one. This is a dangerous solution.

Instead, you can modify the width of your field to 333 chars (that is the limit).

In any case you need to Unload repository.

Hope this help you.

Vito