cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Time horizon in the planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have weekly buckets in our SNP planning book right now. Everytime one enters the planning book, the time horizon starts only from the current week.

We want to change this to have the past week also in the time horizon.

Could any of you tell me how this can be done and if it can be done, will there be any problem in seeing data in the past week?

thanks!

PV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PV,

You can check if your data view has a TB profile ID (Past). If so, check the Visible Frm field, this field contains the first week that will be shown in the planning book.

You can do all this in transaction code /SAPAPO/SDP8B

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PV,

Addition to what Ulises Marín suggested, if your requirement is to see 1 week in past or more than that, then create your own Time bucket profile and assign it to data view in past.

This can be done through tcode: /SAPAPO/SDP8B.

Tcode for to create Time bucket profile is /SAPAPO/TR30.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Pls reward points if it is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys...thanks for ur answers but i did what both of you have suggested already with no luck. I'll try to explain it a little better..

The planning book currently has both the TB Profile(history) and also the visible field checked(pointing a past date). The problem is NOT that the data in the past is not visible , the problem is that the users always have to scroll to the left to the see the past. And they want to see atleast the last period when they start working with the planning book without scrolling. I hope this is clearer.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

-PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

setting "Planning start" to the date you want this to start will help

so fill this with a date that is in the period in the past that you want to see and try it out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Yes i tried that also before but the problem is since the time horizon is in the past it should appear to the user as an uneditatble field i.e. should be disabled. But if i give the planning start date, in effect these periods in the past becomes plannable which is wrong. So, planning must start only from the current week but the user wants to see one period back when he begins the planning without having to scroll.

I hope this is clear now.

thanks!

PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

put planning start from previous month and use a macro to make the column for past month uneditable by using a default macro COL_INPUT( 0 )

COL_INPUT( X ) sets the input status of a column. If X = 1, the status of the column is ready for input. If X = 0, the status of the column is read-only. The argument can be either a number that you enter in an Operator/function dialog box, or one of the macro elements cell, row, or column from the planning table or the auxiliary table. You can apply this function to a column or cell of the planning table. In the attributes of the column or cell, set the Scope of change to Attributes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion harish. But one more question cropped up. With a macro we can disable columns till the current week but what would happen next week?. Since, we have given the planning start date, this date would be constant and i guess only these columns would always be disabled and would not move over to the next bucket when the period changes.So, in essence the number of columns that needs to be disable would be static and would not change with time.

Is this conclusion correct? if it is, is there a way to get around it?

Thanks again for the inputs!

-PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

dates on macros are not static and move. It considers iterations and numbers of rows etc.

So if you have planning start from last week and set last week as uneditable then when you are actually in the next week , the planning start would move to this week and this week would be made uneditable.

try it out

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, in fact this column can be variable, so you can specify that always the past month must be inactive. But i'm not sure if it is a good idea to move planning start date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i dont think pushing the planning date to the past would be a good solution as well. If anyone comes across anyother feasible solution please do let me know!

thanks!

PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to elaborate a bit more..

Whenever the user clicks on the view and sees the data in the planning book, it always starts from the current week. Without making the user scroll, is there a way to show even the past week. Is there a BADI that can be used to solve this??

Thanks!