cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infocube backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Does anyone have info or documentation on infocube backups?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I know only the basics of BW. So I think u can post a new thread in BW forum or some one else can help you out in our forum.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva,

You helped a lot.

I logged it in the BW forum and I received the following reply and it solved my problem.

Try running this: SE38 > SAP_FACTVIEWS_RECREATE Once this program finishes, try the extraction once again

I wanted to share this with you.

Thanks

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thx for ur information.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Now try to schedule the infopackage onceagain which will be under the infosource 8XXXX(original infocube) , before scheduling it you have a tab of "Processing " in the infopackage , in that choose radiobutton " Only PSA and enable the flag for Update subsequently in data target".

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva,

Still the same messages...no data available...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Definitely RSA3 Extract checker will show the records if you have data in the original infocube. In RSA3 , you have an option for enabling the flag for debug mode . Just enable the flag and give the details (infosource name) and press F8. It will take you to debug screen.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Silva,

I ran RSA3 and there records were extracted...unfortunately I'm not familiar with debugging.

I think there might be a porblem with generated datasource because the Infocube definitely has data in it...But what is the question...???

Thanks

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Have you checked RSA3 in BW side with datasource name is 8XXXXXX.(your old cube)

Do you have made any selection restriction in the infopackage level?

Have you made any routine on update rule to delete any kind of records for some conditions?

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I checked RSA3 and there was no data to extract.

The only restrictions I have is the date and I have tired to add the planning version, but I get the same result.

We do not have any deletion of records for any conditions.

Regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

In your P system go to RSA1 --> on top Menu Bar go to Settings --> Display Generated Objects --> click Show generated ODS objects --> Execute

Or else

Check whether all objects you included in the transport in SE09,

8XX Infosource or infocube name.

If both doesn't happen then better re-generate in ur P system else u can get the better solution from BW forum.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your help. I managed to get all my transports across to.

My Infosource hierarchy was corrupt and I transported the whole hierarchy and this fixed my problem.

I eventually started my data extraction but found another problem. It says " no data available". I then went to RSA3 and did an extraction on the data source and found no data. If I go to listcube, then I pick up the data in the InfoProvider.

What am I missing?

Thanks & regards

Robert

robert.swartz@engenoil.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Find the steps involved for taking the back-up cube.

Step 1: Select the cube for which u need to take the back-UP under the Info provider.

Step 2: Right Click on the cube and select generate export data source.

Step 3: A info source will be created with name 8+name of the cube.

Step 4: Right click on the Info Area and Select 'Create Info Cube'.

Step 5: Give the new back-up cube name and Info Area name.

Step 6 : Give the name of the existing cube name in the Copy From Field (Important).

This creates a back-up cube of similar structure of the existing cube.

To copy the contents from the Cube:

1. Once the cube is created. Right click on the cube on select create update rules.

2. Select the InfoCube radio button under the data source and give the old InfoCube name.

3. Goto the info source and search for the name 8+ name of the original cube.

4. Right click on that and select create info package.

5. under the data target you can find name of the cube.

6. Now you can give the filter condition under the data selection tab and schedule a job.

Reward points if useful.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your info. This was very helpful. I managed to do this in our dev environment

One more qusetion if you please. When I try to transport everything to our production environment the export datasource that I generated does not appear in the Info Source area.

Is this transportable or do I need to regenerate it in the Production environment?

Thanks

Robert