cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Error TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

One of our Z-transactions (run in background) terminates with the runtime error TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED. It runs successfully in another system. Of course memory settings are different in these systems so are the resources. I see in the affected system that parameter abap/heap_area_total is 2GB and parameters abap/heap_area_dia and abap/heap_area_nondia are only allocated 10MB each. Will there be any issue if we increase the above 2 parameters to 2GB each? If we do so, is the value allocated entirely at startup? Will it affect system performance? Please help.

Thanks,

Atul Lotlikar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

You can extend abap/heap_area_dia and abap/heap_area_nondia to 2GB without any problem. 10MB was limitation for 32-bit AIX system. It only gets activated at the start up.

However, you might want to have a look at em/initial_size_MB and ztta/roll_extension and try to increase them in the system where the problem is occurring.

Also, two systems can have different amount of data volume which can explain why it runs in one system but not in other. Then you probably have to have a look at the Z-program itself.

Hope it helps.

Cheers !!

Satya.

PS: pls reward points if the answer was helpful...Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basu,

Thanks immensely for your reply. I need some further clarification on this from you if possible. As mentioned by you, the values for parameters em/initial_size_MB and ztta/roll_extension are set appropriately hence they can be left untouched.

What I need to know is, in the affected system the parameter em/initial_size_mb is set to 2048 MB and em/max_size_mb is set to 512 MB. This is a bit confusing to me. Do I have to also have a look at these closely or may be change them too to have a better effect.

Many thanks,

Atul.

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

What version of Kernel/OS version you have ? em/max_size_mb was only valid until 4.6D Kernel until patch 569 under Linux and AIX. It has since been replaced with em/total_size_mb .

This parameter should be bigger than em/initial_size_MB . You can put that to your total Physical RAM size.

Please check note 425207 regarding this.

Cheers !!

Satya.

Answers (0)