cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem dealing with Master Data Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we have set up 2 interfaces b/w JDBC and R/3 .

1. Gets Tx data from JDBC to R/3 thru XI (more frequent)

2. Gets Master data from JDBC to R/3 thru XI (less frequent)

We have a Transaction in R/3 that cannot execute a transactional data to success until the master data is updated in R/3. i.e the execution of the Transaction in R/3 is dependent on the Master data being updated prior to that in the R/3. say for eg, we get a dummy purchase order no in the Transactional data that is not in the master data of R/3, in that case the Transaction will fail. So, we need to be updating that master data i.e PO no in R/3 before the interface for the Transactional Data reaches R/3 and triggers the Transaction to create the PO.

How can we handle such a case ? Do you think the "Adapter Scheduling " capabilities of XI SP19 can help here?

Please let me know if the issue is not clear

thanks

krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could maybe use the tool that comes with Netweaver called Redwood:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000459191&;

This is an event based scheduling tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Barry

I knew that you would be one of those first few users to answer

cant I just use Adapter Scheduling to fit the requirement ?

also, we dont have much time to invest learning to learn and operate redwood.it's a bit too urgent for that.

How would i use adapter scheduling for such a requirement?

responses are highly appreciated and will be richly rewarded

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem with standard time based scheduling is that there can be overlaps in between data sends that can conflict and upset the process, and no proper way of validating before sending - unless you have 0:00 - 11:59 for Master data and then 12:00 to 23:59 for transactional data. Again, this is not robust enough for most scenarios.

However, if you were to create a BPM to check SAP for master data before passing across the transactional data, this may work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys

BPM doess seems to be the right way to go

regards

krishna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check with correlation.....maybe using this in bpm can help