cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

isa build tool and NWDS/Eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to set up development of the Internet Sales Application (ISA) in a Java IDE.

Currently, I've worked through most of the problems associated with libraries and I'm currently trying to automate the build process within the IDE itself rather than from the command line.

To initially set this up, I first followed the documentation to get to the development point, so I've already run 'ant init' and project.properties already exists (in fact, I can build properly from the command line).

When i run in NWDS, I get:

c:\ISA1\../project/project.properties doesn't exist, Use target 'init' to create it.

From what this looks like to me, we have some sort of classpath/directory issue here. I tried to debug using 'echo' but I didn't get very far with that.

Anybody have any ideas/thoughts for me?

Thanks,

marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently, I am a moron.

The problem was solved when I suddenly remembered what '..' meant. Though, if anyone out there has more tips for integrating the development of ISA into Eclipse/NWDS, I would love to hear it!

marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

Here is how to integrate your ISA project into Eclipse:

1.First you have to extract the content of the file buildtool.zip and run 'ant init' as described in the dev guide.

2.Open Eclipse and create a new java project

3.Adjust the following settings

-Path for the project: ISA Build Tool root path (e.g.: C:\buildtool)

-Java build path – Source folder: <project>/project/java

-Java build path – Output folder: <project>/project/b2b_xxx/WEB-INF/classes

Tips: include all .properties files (texts) in the root of the source folder otherwise they will disappear each time you rebuild the project

To run ant, open the 'ant' view (window -> show view -> ant), and choose 'add buildfile'. Browse to <project>/bin/build.xml

Select build (+ run icon) each time you want to rebuild your own .ear file. Your new .ear file is now in your project_ear directory...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Fabian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Sorry for my question but i am a newbe in ISA. but i want to ask you .

Where can i find the buildtool.zip

thnks

Josué Cruz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josue,

You can download buildtool.zip from sap note: 594370 (attachments).

If you need help on how to use it, download E-Selling: Building&Updating Mod. Internet Sales Web Applic.pdf from

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000591442&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...;

..under E-commerce installation guides.

Regards,

Thanassis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fabian,

I am planning to use NetWeaver Developer Studio te manke the enhancements to the R/3 ISA application. How do I set up the environment in NDS. My workspace is in D drive and I extracted my build tool in C drive. I can't make my buildtool directory as the workspace for the NDS. Please suggest me how I can configure ISA application in NDS and how I can use the ISA build.xml for preparing the ear inside NDS.

Thanks,

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

It is exactly the same procedure as the one I described for Eclipse. No problem for your workspace, it is just a default location if you don't want to specify a folder for your project.

In this case when you create the Java project you can uncheck the 'Use default' flag for the 'Project contents' and browse to your buildtool root directory instead...

Fabian

Message was edited by: Fabian Joiris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you dont need nay build tool if you are deploying your application

on SAP J2EE 6.40 Server

Buildtool only supports SAP J2EE 6.20

You can build your application from the NWDS default build procedure..

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian ,

I am very new to SAP systems.i worked on Eclipse for development of j2ee applications.my current task is to extend the j2ee part of ISA 5.0 b2b which includes extending the JSP and some more java classes.

i am having Eclipse 3.2.2 IDE.what are other tools needed for development if i have to continue using eclipse instead of NetWeaver Deve Studio.

thanks in advance

FabianJ
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

If you plan to extend version 5.0 of ISA (let's say rather 'SAP E-commerce 5.0'), you have to use NWDI (and thus NWDS) as explained in the 'Development & extension guide'

http://service.sap.com/instguides > SAP Business Suite Applications > SAP ERP > mySAP ERP 2005 > Installation

Regards,

Fabian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

I am going to work on ISA 5.0 B2B enhancements. So to build it should i build it through Build tool or can I build and deploy it through SDM.

Thanks,

Suvarna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDM is used to deploy the sca,ear ,par etc type of files.

Build tool is used to build and package the code into sca or ear files etc.

Hope that helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

suvarna

if you are using isa 5.0 build tool wont help.

Please refer to the ISA Dev and Ext guide for 5.0

It talks about using NWDS and NWDI.

Please award points if this was helpful.

Regards

Stride.