cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Language query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a WebDynpro application which gets data from SAP R/3 through a custom RFC. Now when I deploy the application on portal (EP 7.0 SP11), all the data appears in English language. However when I deploy the same application on another Portal (which is again SP11), some data is shown in Spanish. Data like Mother get converted to Spanish equivalent.

Please let me know what needs to be done so that all the data appears in English.

Thanks,

Vibha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the JCO language setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the labels, fields etc examples of what appears in SPanish?

The reason why some data is appearing in Spanish is because your project has possibly been internationalized for the same and your second portal has the local/browser/ume settings (for that user) to show the portal in spanish.

I guess your second portal environment is spanish itself. Log into the second portal and check the settings.

Hope this helps.

regards,

prem.

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically there is a table with following columns: Name & Relation

The data is fetched from R/3. Only the text under the heading Relation appears in Spanish.

Also as per input, it seems that the second portal environment is spanish. Please can you tell me how to chk the settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Languages. Make sure that Spanish is not on the top of the list.

Also check if the user with which you are running the wd application doesnt have Spanish as the language set for his use.

Also ask the Basis personnel if they know of any other settings they might have done in the second portal to get SPanish as its language.

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prem,

We checked the JCo settings. The Basis had by mistake set the language to Spanish. This was the reason that only some data that was being fetched from R/3 was being displayed in Spanish.

Thanks everybody.

Vibha