cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stupid question about reading file

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a system need to read file by request (request starts in a system) How to realize it via XI?

system <-> XI <-> file

PS

<b>i do not need scheduler, i neen read a file after pressing a button in a system. To read file one time at concrete moment, not in interval.</b>

Message was edited by:

Mikhail Koshkin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want that a event in our system can be used a trigger to start the file adapter...yes it is possible... as u can start and stop XI File adapter externally with entering into RWB ... through specific url..

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want that a event in our system can be used a trigger to start the file adapter...yes it is possible... as u can start and stop XI File adapter externally

WITHOUT entering into RWB ... through specific url..

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as far i undertood u want to trigger file processing to xi when an event takes place in source system. if yes it depends on the kind of source system. if it is a http client well u know that it is driven by event processing or for webservice also can be done. look in ur source system if ut supports any user defined functionalities for processing events. if yes then using Remote method invokation u can achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What is the Actual Requirement here

Is your Req is to Schedule the Adapter ???

Is YES

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c4/3a7f87505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Khanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to read a file from the perticular folder, you have the poll interval, so your scenarios will trigger each and every intervel menstioned. if file is there then it will pick up otherwise it won't process. So it is keep on do the same. There is no limit for this until you make your CC satus inactive.

Warm Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mikhail,

if that system is XI you can use sceduler option in file adapter for this you needto SP19XI3.0 or SP10 PI7.0

if other system then such as ABAP Proxy then you need to run the proxy for that time or scedhule it

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no system is not XI, see schema.

i do not need scheduler, i neen read a file after pressing a button in a system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

then wirte a Report program. when u execute the report you file adapter will run.

Do this way REPORT-will call proxy(Outbound Proxy)-XI-File

Regards

Sreeram

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so how to run file adapeter in report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What kind of system is it ?

are you clicking the button in a html page or from any web application??

regards

krishna

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no matter what kind of system i think...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case I could think of 2 XI interfaces

1. Push button in a html/web page and route it to a file system through http request.

2. Use another interface with file adapter as the sender

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

with out knowing what kind of system you cant do it. basedon the sending system possiability we do it. you plan ur sceanario based on that not on generic in this case.

Regards

sreeram.g.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mikhail,

You cant achieve your requirement with File adapter (at least not with current SP).

You can consider Proxy(ABAP\Java) to achieve your requirement as a work around.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> with out knowing what kind of system you cant do it.

> basedon the sending system possiability we do it. you

> plan ur sceanario based on that not on generic in

> this case.

>

> Regards

> sreeram.g.reddy

hmmm... system sends message to XI, and XI!!!! must call file adapter! why do you need to know what kind of system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm.....you mean to say from XI when you press button you need file adapter to process the file.

if this is case XI cant do it and i dont think any middle ware tool as this option.

regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>hmmm... system sends message to XI, and XI!!!! must call file adapter! why do you need to know what kind of system?

No. The max the end system can do is send the file to XI App server folder. But to start processing the file, the call is <b>initiated by XI and not the end system</b>. You specify a poll interval in communication channel that will trigger the process. May be you can use start and stop functionality of communication channel available in RWB.

Regards,

Jai Shankar