Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI JDBC Adapter using stored procedures

michael_perks
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using the JDBC adpapter to call a stored procedure on a SQL database.

In the adapter configuration I am using 'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver' as the JDBC Driver parameter and 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://LIBOEE01:1433;DatabaseName=DEV_OEE;SelectMethod=cursor;' as the connection string.

My payload is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<root>

<Statement>

<PL101_SAPR3_SKU_OBJ action="EXECUTE">

<p_verb isInput="true" type="varchar">CREATE</p_verb>

<p_site_id isInput="true" type="varchar">GPK</p_site_id>

<p_sap_line_id isInput="true" type="varchar">LN005</p_sap_line_id>

<p_sku_id isInput="true" type="varchar">4014847</p_sku_id>

<p_sku_desc isInput="true" type="varchar">Klipdrift Exp - 12x750ml</p_sku_desc>

<p_bottles_in_sku isInput="true" type="float">12</p_bottles_in_sku>

<p_bps_sap isInput="true" type="float">2.083</p_bps_sap>

</PL101_SAPR3_SKU_OBJ>

</Statement>

</root>

However, when I cal lthe interface I receive the follwoing error in the adapter:

2007-07-18 11:25:03 Error MP: Exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: JDBC Adapter configuration not initialized: null

2007-07-18 11:25:03 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: JDBC Adapter configuration not initialized: null

2007-07-18 11:25:03 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: JDBC Adapter configuration not initialized: null.

Is this possibly casued by the driver being the incorrect version?

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

follow the steps which are mentioned in SIVA MARANANI

stored procedures

<u><b>/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/21/jdbc-stored-procedures by siva

jdbc sender(theory)

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/19/rdbms-system-integration-using-xi-30-jdbc-senderreceiver-adapter

JDBC receiver

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

Best Regards,

Srikanth

Reward the useful answers and you will get one point yourself

michael_perks
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kanth,

Thanks for your response, but the blog by Siva Maranani is actually where I got my code from. Upon further research I think have found the problem as experienced in this blog --> . There are 2 jar files missing from our SQL JDBC driver --> msbase.jar and msutil.jar, I think once I have added these to the driver it might work. Strange that when you download the driver from microsoft's website that these 2 files are only available in the UNIX download though!

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Micahel

also cross check the installation of the JDBC drivers by checking in the /usr directory as mentioned in the "How to guide "for installing external drivers.

regards

krishna

michael_perks
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have managed to solve our problem. In the driver string for the SQL 2005 driver 2 parameters have been switched around: i.e 'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver' now becomes

'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver' .

The process now works as it should.

Regards

Michael