cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logon group question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis guru,

I installed an SAP CI ABAP stack in node A, and installed another DI abap stack in node B. Wanna to use logon group to realize load balance function.

In my mind, I think logon group will distribute my logon sessions to different nodes(sometimes logon to node A, sometimes logon to node B) to realize load balancing. But when I am using SAP GUI to logon serveral times, all sessions logon to node A. Until I killed Disp+Work process in node A, then SAPGui will swich to Node B. So I am confusing how logon group realize load balance.

Thank you for you help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Qi,

The message server distributes the login by the "quality" criteria that you can see

in SMLG->load distribution (F5). The blue mark represents the server that will except users.

It happens that you enter several times to the same server because the "quality" didn't changed. The blue mark in SMG->

Best regards,

Dimitry Haritonov

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

additional:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c4/3a64c1505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c4/3a64b4505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

SAP Notes:

#27044 Login workload Balancing verification test

#26317 Set up for LOGON group for autom. load balancing

#624955 Poor user distribution in logon load balancing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check these notes.

26317 Set up for LOGON group for autom. load balancing

118093 Concepts of defining 'limits' in logon load balancing

The main steps are as follows.

1. Create a group name e.g PUBLIC and assign the instance profile of central instance and Dialog instance.

so we have two entries with the same Name PUBLIC but associated with th two instances.

2. Corresponding services must be activated in SICF

3. Instead of creating a Normal entry in Logon Pad , create a Group for the server where in Place of the ServerName/IP Address you have to select the Logon Group Name (Public).

Thanks,

Tanuj