Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Attachments in Email Payload declaring with Application Types

dries_guth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi XI Experts,

I am currently working on an Email Module to handle multiple attachments. I have read all forum entries to this topic but I got know answer to my question.

My question:

Is it technically possible to declare more than one Atttachment of the Payload with the tag <Application Type>? From the coding point of view I know that it is possible like this

for ( int  i = 0; i < XMBMessageOperator.numberOfPayloads(message); i++){

XMBPayload payload = XMBMessageOperator.getPayload(message, i);
payload .setPayloadType(PayloadType.APPLICATION);
}

but does the XI then also process all application attachment messages correctly as separate messages?

So from the coding point of view does the XI iterate over all application attachments and processes the messages?

best regards,

Dries

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the receiver mail adapter, select "keep atachments" checkbox.

regards

krishna

dries_guth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnamoorthy,

thanks for your fast reponse

I have a Sender Mail Adapter and want to process als incoming Mail Attachments in the Mapping. I only tried out to declare all incoming attachments of the payload as application payload, I have still some Exception and want to know if this is the right way.

The other solution would be to put together all MailAttachments-1,....MailAttachments-N to one central Payload. But would cause more programming effort.

I thougth only to swap all MailAttachmants as Application. Could this technically be possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dries,

I would suggest to do it using SAPConnect instead of ccBPM.Check this blog.

It splits the payload and sends it as multiple attachment.https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/3007.Source [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] code sends multple attachments as an email.

You have to use the viceversa.Read the thomas jung blogs for further info /people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/09/receiving-e-mail-and-processing-it-with-abap--version-610-and-higher .

vasanth

dries_guth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am not prefering to use BPEL or SAPConnect. Our customer wants this module.

And to keep it as easy as possible I only want to swap the N- Mail Attachments to application-type. Do you know if this N-Attachments then processed separatly by the integration engine?