cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different clients... ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is it possible to have different clients within the solution manager?

We want to use one solution manager for different companies within one bigger group. Due to the fact that we have sometimes the same user IDs in different countries, we want to use for each country one client in the solution manager.

1. Is it possible to use different clients in the solution manager?

2. Can we use in each client independently from other clients user master data?

It will be very helpful for me to get some answers to my question.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frank,

It is not practically feasible to have 1 client for each country in your scenario. Because you can have only one client working as the Change management Client and also will affect the Service Desk Scenario to a certain extent.

Practically speaking there is no necessity of having multiple clients for multiple usages and 1 client can serve the purpose.

If you are a bit concerned about Data security and visibility to the users, then let me just note here that this can be manged via Authorizations.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am no concerned about data security and visibility to the users. We have the problem that we have to use one central Solution Manager for our Group.

In this case each satellite system will have its own user IDs.

Due to the fact that the in different countries or organizations the same user ID can exist, we are looking for a solution to solve such an issue. The idea is to have one client for each individual "User Domain".

Form my point of view authorization is managed on client level and it is easily possible to "hide" e. g. project information against other users on other clients.

But at this point in time I see no solution to deal with the user problem on a "one-client-solution".

Which application are client independent and which can be used on different clients?

I am aware of the fact, that e. g. the change request management can be used on each client in the same way and there is no different between using client A or B except the authorization and user management. Is this correct?

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

the answer is as always "it depends ...". In this case it depends on the scenarios you want to use. In SolMan lot of things are client independent as the initial setup of all satellite systems in transaction SMSY or the access to EWAs in transaction DSWP. Also the SolMan for Implementation part (transactions SOLAR01, SOLAR02, ...) is client independent.

A clear client dependancy is available for all things regarding the Service Desk scenario.

Hope it helps, Alexander