cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Importing RFC in to IR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1) Can We Import the RFC/BAPI From the XI Server ( ABAP Stack ) Instead of Importing it From the R/3 Server ?????

2) Is it Work Properly When We Did From the XI Server ???

Please Let Me Know

Regards

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Let me make a guess here as to what you are trying to ask when you say importing idocs RFC from XI ...

As you wouldn't any idocs or rfc's of consequence as xi is middleware ..not an ERP or some system like CRM ..SRM et cetra ..

I'll assume you are asking whether you want export the xsd of the idoc interface or rfc interface (which you imported as external interfaces in R/3 like system ) so that you can play around with xsd thus imported outside XI according to your need ...(Like changing the occurrence ...make the variables global..or something to that effect) ..Then yes can do it ..as a matter fact ..The concept for idocs is called ..Idoc packaging ..where in you have idoc which has only 1 oocurence ..but your requirement is to send multiple idocs.

Regards,

Deepak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vamsi,

Can We Import the RFC/BAPI From the XI Server ( ABAP Stack ) Instead of Importing it From the R/3 Server

Yes

Its work properly ....

Regards,

vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

Here I saw One Bapi "BAPI_FLBOOKING_CANCEL" in XI Server

I Am Able to Import and Activate that .

But Can We Do Any Operations on this BAPI, Like what we can do with the R/3 BAPI's ???

Is it will come any Inconsistencies

Regards

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, no inconsistency ..

but before that we need to do some configuration in XI..

Go through the Configuration guide XI 3.0...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ac6de690-0201-0010-54ac-8923089d...

vasanth

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inside XI, no operations on RFC could be performaed. U can just pass data to and from the RFC throught XI using the RFC adapter.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Should we Really go for this Config Guide to do this ????

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ac6de690-0201-0010-54ac-8923089d...

Already the Post Config has been over What ever the necessary here.

Regards

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vamsi,

I'm sorry not the post installation configuration..

go through guide which states the demo examples..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d46b9b90-0201-0010-ef92-9964c1bc...

I think this will help you and solve your issue..

vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Now My XI Server is Up And Running Very Well

I Think There is no need to configure any steps to My XI Server to Import the IDOC /BAPI in to the IR.

Regards

Vamsi

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1) Can We Import the RFC/BAPI From the XI Server ( ABAP Stack ) Instead of Importing it From the R/3 Server ?????

2) Is it Work Properly When We Did From the XI Server ???</i>

>>

import the RFC/BAPI from R3 in case you are using the same for the development.