cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all! i have a few questions.

- I'm working in the developement of a webdynpro application that have to do the functionality of cats with ess. It was asked to me that this application must look like the ess business package for EP. I wanna know if there are components that i can reuse, or something that i can reuse???. If not, i wanna know where to find screenshots or a demo of this business package working.

- Another question is, how can i add matchcodes from R/3 system in a webdynpro application??? there are bapis to that??? how can i do it???

I hope somebdy can help me.

thx n rgds.

Gregory.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So actually you want to rebuild the ESS Business Package in Web Dynpro? That's a hell of a job!

I don't think there's a running demo of the BP somewhere on the net. I think the only option you have is to deploy and configure it on your own EP server (if you have one).

About matchcodes/valuehelps: Here are two nice tutorials:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/web dynpro tutorial and sample applications.faq#q-8

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/web dynpro tutorial and sample applications.faq#q-9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thx, it works.

But if i have a table with many rows and i want matchcodes in some cells by row. Do i have to porgram the mnatchcode for each cell for each row??? for example if i have a 6x6 table and by row 4 cells must be a matchcodes i have to program each of 4, 6 times(for 6 rows)???

I hope u can help me.

best rgds.

Gregory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We worked on devloping ESS package using webdynpros,infact there are two tutorials in pipieline (sent to SDN) to publish, watch tutorial/article section sooner or later it will be published. Hope those two tutorials will help you.

coming to your problem..

If you are calling a BAPI just map the attributes to your table, if there is no standrad BAPI you can write your own Custom BAPI.

last option is to Hard code ( which i won't advice).

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thx for ur answer. I'm gonna wait for those tutorials. Please say to me when those tutorials are published.

I'm working with the following BAPIs:

BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_INSERT

BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_DELETE

BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_CHANGE

BAPI_CATIMESHEETRECORD_GETLIST

And i dont know if there are attributes in those BAPIs that i can map to my tables and give me the matchcodes.

best rgds.

Gregory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I have another questions.

I want to use the BAPI_HELPVALUES_GET to gives all the matchcodes/valuehelps that the user have in the CAT2 transaction into the webdynpro application.

My question is: how should i use this bapi?

Which values should i set for the following input parameters:

OBJTYPE

OBJNAME

METHOD

PARAMETER

FIELD

EXPLICIT_SHLP

MAX_OF_ROWS

DESCRIPTIONONLY

Thx

Rgds

Gregory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Ramakrishna.

Could u please send me this tutorials?

if u could so, please send me the tutorials to gregory.mayorga@gmail.com.

Thx n Best Rgds

Gregory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the URLs I posted in my first reply in this topic for tutorials about helpvalues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Tutorials almost matches your requirement!

I think they will b published near future( i will trigger a mail after publishing), incase if it takes time i will defnitely send it to you,

Meanwhile :

Let me explain a simple Sceanrio:(Standard BAPI:BAPI_PERSDATA_GETDETAILEDLIST)

letus say for your ESS you want to show employee details for each employee, taking input values as Employee Number and pass word( these are then input values) and output will be his firstname,secondname,age,sex,DOB,POB etc..accordingly you will have input and output data in your BAPI's if it is standard one,if it is coustom Bapi depending upon what details you want to dispaly you have to code input and output Data in your coustom BAPI.

Apart from this i think are aware of JCo, connections,creating model,calling BAPI,context mapping etc...

Hope this info helped you..

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal n Ramakrishna thx for ur answers.

Ramakrishna, i have a short time for this project, i hope u can send me those tutorialas the next week, please, i need it.

And ur information helps me a lot.

I have another question: Do u know which BAPI i should use to check SAP User n Password, i mean the users of the application must authenticate whith the sap user n password then i must check SAP user/passwd.

I hope u can answer me.

best rgds.

Gregory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Standard BAPI:BAPI_PERSDATA_GETDETAILEDLIST,may be you have to create the data,for both input and output, either you can authenticate using webdynpros or you can authenticate in your ABAP code.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna thx for ur answer, i had checked that BAPI but that i need is a BAPI that works like SAPGUI, i wanna know if there is a standar BAPI that do this. Or if the logon can be done by an user and password that the user gives through the webdynpro application, i mean that the login of my application functions like CATS REGULAR login.

I also wanna know if exists a BAPI that allow me to approve times recorded in cats, i check the BAPI: CATS_APPROVAL, but i dont know how this bapi works.

Another question is about the tutorials. I wanna know if the turials were published or if u can send those to me by email.

Thx a lot! and best rgds.

Gregory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have another question, do u know if exists some BAPIs that allows me see the Business Workplace inbox(Worklist) and let me execute the workitems or somethong like that?

I hope u can help me.

thx n rgds.

Gregory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all!

sorry but i need somedody answer me.

thx n rgds.

Gregory

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all! another question, again.

how can i do to start the workflow asociated with cats, i mean i record working times n i do changes to them, but how can i release working times to starts the workflow. Is there any BAPI that allows me do that? if exits that BAPI, please tell me which one is.

thx

best rgds.

Gregory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your post is answered, close the thread by awarding suitable points.

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

My post isnt answered, in fact i'm waiting for the tutorials that had been posted in the sdn and/or u were going to send to me. And i posted another questions that havent been answered. I hope u can send me those tutorials and/or somebody can answer the questions.

Thx

Best Rgds.

Gregory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

He was actually trying to tell you to post different questions in different topics (this makes the forum more useful!) and also to be patient and wait for him to reply, letting you know that the tutorials are available. You can of course also keep an eye on the Web Dynpro corner yourself to see if the tutorials are done.

If you really need these tutorials in a hurry, you should not ask when they are done, but what his bank account nr. is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx.

Well i hope that the questions i'm doing can be answered in some way by the turorials.

When u say "Web Dynpro corner" i understand that this corner is located on

"SDN Home > Web Application Server > Web Dynpro"

n the tutorials are on

"Code Samples > Sample applications and Tutorials"

If not, please tell me where is the "Web Dynpro corner".

Best Rgds.

Gregory.

Answers (0)