Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM error

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a made a File to File scenario.

The scenario is implemented with a BPM and without a BPM.

The message mapping is graphical with one to one mapping. The source file is XML with numeric data which get squared onto the target XML.

Whenever I put any alphabet instead of numeric there is an mapping exception.

In the sxmb-moni, the scenario WITHOUT A BPM clearly states what and where is the error.

But the scenario WITH A BPM does show the presence of an error but it NEVER INDICATE what and where is the error.

Is there any way I can locate the error?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Did you use the transaction SXMB_MONI_BPE >?

Cheers

<b>*RAJ*

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

done

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is one of the main reasons (besides performance) why it's a best practice to avoid mappings inside BPM.

Even in BPM scenario, you could have mapping outside it.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look in to SXMB_MONI_BPE - > diagnose proceses with errors

and locate our bpm and find the mapping error.

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What you are talking about how to debug inside a bpm .

Here are some of the things you can do :-

1) In sxmb_moni you can see your message --now click on the PE there.

PE stands for process engine (you can only se PE if your process instance is initiated ...if not then in transaction SXI_CACHE the status of your BPM is other then 0...i.e. 99 )

2) Once you are inside BPM ..then ..you might wanna technical view ...it is in the menu ..where you can specify preferences for work item.

3) Select the work item that you see there ...and you will see the error . there.

Regards,

Deepak

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

The BPM consists of a Receiver, Transformation and a Sender. Inside the Tranformation, there is a mapping where I am getting Number Format Exception. I know because I deliberately put a instead of 2.

In the sxmb_moni, I see the flag on the right of PE is RED indicating that there is an error. But when I enter the PE and list of Technical Details there is no way to know that the error is in mapping and it is Number Format Exception.

Is there any way to know it?