cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating/deploying webdynpro application on sneak preview of EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to create a deploy an example available on SDN with the name TutWD_Flighlist . To restrict the development of this example application to the actual content covered, there is

a predefined Web Dynpro project template available in the SAP Developer Network (SDN)

http://sdn.sap.com (Web Application Server area | Samples and Tutorials).

• TutWD_FlightList_Init.zip: Initial Web Dynpro project template

• TutWD_FlightList.zip: Complete Web Dynpro project with access to ABAP functions

The document with this example tells me the following

The SAP System Landscape Directory (SLD) and the SLD bridge are configured and

running.

The SLD contains component information about all SAP software modules, the system

landscape description and the name reservation service.

The SLD bridge is used to transform the system data to the SLD server complient

format.

While installing the EP 6.0 SP9 sneak preview, the option of the SLD is disabled . The installation guide itself asks me to choose he option "No SLD available".

What I need to know can i develop/deploy this application on the sneak preview . Has anyone done that on sneak preview ? If yes then please let me know how .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Where can I get the following two zip files for templates:

1. TutWD_FlightList_Init.zip

2. TutWD_FlightList.zip

I tried to searche under the Samples and Tutorials download page. But could not get a link to download.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I am in the same situation, as you can see from this question I posted in the code samples forum :

The problem is that when I try going to

http://<host>:<port>/sld

J2EE returns a 404 error, so I can't configure SLD. I used the default parameters during the installation, aside from changing the drives and not installing NWDS on the server, but I ran SAPinst to check and "No SLD available" is selected by default so I don't think that's the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does "is selected by default" mean that you can also turn the option off or is the field selected and disabled?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You really need an SLD, otherwise you cannot specify the JCo destinations that your Web Dynpro applications need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying that sneak preview is not made for webdynpro ? I can see the links for webdynpro there. Why have they provided those when the application cannot be deployed there ? The netweaver development studio is also a part of the package .Is there some parameter that needs to be changed after the installation where i can configure SLD ?

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

no, Pascal definitely is not saying that. You have access to the SLD of your system. Go to http://host:port/sld of your system, log on with Admin user name/password. You get access to your SLD.

In SLD, go to Administration>Data Supplier Bridge and start it if its not started. You have to create a technical system here from Home>Technical Landscape -->New Technical System. If you want to connect to some R/3 BAPIs. After configuring your SLD you have to go to your Visual Admin --> SLD Data Supplier. Here for HTTP Settings and CIM Client Generation Settings provide information of your SLD system.. i.e. for your case your system host name, port, user, password..etc..

You can definitely create WD apps in Sneak Preview...

hope it helps!!!

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shubhadip ,

I did as you suggested . I could login to the page for the URL mentioned.I navigated to administration > server settings to setup the SLD server first . Here in the field "object server" I put the name of my local machine . Please correct if i made a mistake here .

Then I navigate to

Home-->Technical Landscape -->New Technical System. Here there is a drop down list with label "Technical System Type" . What do i choose here ? For what purpose am i creating the system here ? If i am correct there from here i will define the System landscape directory. If yes then i select the option "System xlandscape directory" from the above mentioned drop down list and then press the button "new technical system " . I reach another page and again i choose "system landscape directory" from the options given and then press "next" . This takes me to another page where it asks me the following things -

CIM Server URL:

Object Server: <name of the local system>

Description:

Administrative Contact:

What should i fill for the rest of the values ?

Then you are asking me to go my "Visual administrator " tool . I don't think this is available with the sneak preview .Where do i get it from ? If this has to be downloaded then from where do i download it and which version would go with the sneak preview ?

You have definately given a very good lead and i would appreciate if you can answer my queries . It would be of great help . Thanks man .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepak,

Go to this path

\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\admin

There will be go.bat

Click on it to open visual admin

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepak,

To configure SLD

Go to configtool

\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\configtool

and change the heap size settings to 1024

Go to administration screen

Choose Content>import

Navigate to

<server>\usr\sap\<SAPSID>\SYS\global\sld\model \

import first Cimsap.zip and cr_content.zip (MS Windows) and then choose Open

Go to visual admin as explained above

Go to services>SLD Data Supplier

Go to HTTP Settings, enter the following

Host : localhost

Port : 50000

User :

Password :

Go to CIM Client Generation Settings on same window

Enter the following

Host : localhost

Port : 50000

User :

Password :

Select all the options on the right hand side in the domain "Icr" or "webdynpro"

After Saving the details click on “CIMClient Test”

A pop-up screen shows “CIMOMClient object generation and connection test successful”

Click “Ok”

Then configure your ABAP system by

going to

SLD -> Home -> Technical Landscape

Hope this helps you

Please revert if you have any doubts

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit ,

Thanks for telling me about visual administrator.In your second post you are asking me to go to the configtool.I could locate the configtool. As soon as i double click on it it opens a window with title "SAP J2EE Engine - Config tool" and prompts a messege "Do you want to use the default DB settings". I press yes and it starts connecting to the database.It gives me a screen where on the left panel I have a node which has three things

Cluster data

secure store

UME LDAP data

I untree and cluster data and this further gives me three nodes

global dispatcher configuration

global server configuration

instance_ID16287]

Now you have asked me to change the heap size tp 1024. From where do i do that ?

You are talking about going to administration screen.Which screen is that as i dont see any menu from where i can choose Content and then import .

Just to remind you I am working with the sneak preview of Ep ie EP 6.0 SP9

Please advice .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

People ,

I know now how to access the administration page of the SLD. I still can't figure out from where to change the heapsize .When i open the configtool a tree structure is displayed . In that structure there is a tree node as instance,server and dispatcher . The heapsize option

exists with all of them . I was asked to increase the heapsize to 1024 but i am confused as to where exactly should i increase the heapsize.I tried to do it in all of them , one at a time but it didn't work . The upload process fails all the time saying that increase your

heapsize . Also if i increase the heapsize the server cluster stops running . The J2EE server is stopped .I had to reinstall it as it stopped working .

Can someone help me here ?

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the following link

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

If your problem is solved do reward points and close the post

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit ,

I read the sap note than comes with the link that you mentioned but the problem remain where it was . I tried some of the ways that could possibly lead me to solving it but it didn't work .Why donb't you tell me the way you solved it as it seems that you have worked on sneak preview .Teh system configuration that you are using and where exactly did you change the heap size .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I haven't worked on sneak preview . I had been saying based on the standard installation .May be somebody who has worked on sneak preview may give you more insight into this problem

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there ,

Can anyone guide me on this with the sneak rpeview version of the software.

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Did you manage to find the solution of installation and configuration of SLD on the Sneapk Preview. I am trying to configure the SLD on this version and I would appreciate if you can send me how you solve this issue, if you have.

Cheers,

Ranjan