cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing output of one iView as input to another iView using Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need urgent help. Is it possible to pass data from one iView to another using the Visual Composer tool. If it is how? Does anyone have an example or know where I can find one.

Here is my example:

I have created one Page with two iViews on the page. In the first iView i have a Bapi that accepts an ID number of a business partner as input and returns details like Name, Surname , title etc as well as the SAP Business Partner Number. The second Iview uses a Bapi that returns the Address details of the business partner.My problem is that I need to use the Business Partner Number from the first iView as the input into the second iView. Is this possible using Visual Composer? There will be a series of additional all bringing back different details of the same Business Partner and will need to use the same Business Partner Number.

Please advise me if this is possible using VC or if not suggest an alternative way of doing it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards

Yusuf Gangat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there anybody out there?

Regards

Yusuf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can do this.

You can use ports (Signals) for this.

In order to explaing this, I will call the 1st iView - the source iView and the 2nd one - the target iView.

1. In the source iView create an "Out Port" from the form or table where you have the details you want passed. Name it anyway you want (in the Properties task pane).

2. In the target iView create an "Input Port" and connect it to the input of the BAPI you want run.

3. Make sure that both ports have exactly the same name (it's case sensitive). and the same fields.

4. Deploy the 2 iViews to the portal, put them in the same page.

Data should be transferred now between the iViews.

Lior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a million. I'll give it a try.

Regards

Yusuf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lior

"4. Deploy the 2 iViews to the portal, put them in the same page."

Does this mean that the user will see both iViews on the same page on the portal? In my scenario each iView represents a different screen.

Regards

Yusuf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The iViews communicate using the EPCM eventing mechanism.

So the communication will work wherever the EPCM works.

AFAIK this is between 2 different iViews on the same page, but I'm not sure.

Lior