Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPath in BPM switch

RobEricsson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to use a switch in an integration process that relies on XPath for the switching logic and I am having some difficulties getting it to work.

I've tested the following and it is a valid XPath statement, but does not seem to work as I would expect in XI

/p1:BAPI_EQUI_GETDETAIL.Response/DATA_GENERAL_EXP[number(translate(READ_CRDAT, "-", ""))>=20010101]

This should return a node and if the string in READ_CRDAT is greater than 2001-01-01 and thus satisfy the EX condition. However, all of the records are rejected even though there are number of test cases that should pass.

What type should I specify in the expression editor for the XPath? Can you use the number() and translate() functions in XI? Is there a length limit to XPath expressions? Are there other known issues that prevent this kind of logical comparison?

TIA for your help.

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

robert,

in the condition editor, when u select ur XPath expression, there is a check box in the bottom right, "Multiline", check that check box and try........

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi robert,

<<I've tested the following and it is a valid XPath statement, but does not seem to work as I would expect in XI

>>

where do u tested it,

i dont know much anything about XPath expressions.....can u guide me

RobEricsson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sudeep,

I tested the expression on the http://www.whitebeam.org/library/guide/TechNotes/xpathtestbed.rhtm site. You upload your XML and enter in an XPath and it gives you the result. There are plenty of tools available, commercial and free, that can do the same thing (e.g. XML Spy, XPather, etc)

There are a number of good XPath tutorials available online if you want to learn more about syntax and structure.

Rob

RobEricsson
Participant
0 Kudos

Sudeep, you got it. Thanks very much. The key was the multiline check box in the Expression Editor. Reading the documents closely, that selection makes sense for any kind of predicate test in XPath because they return a list of nodes that match the conditions (a list with 0 elements if nothing matches).

Points have been awarded and I've marked the question as answered.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

In the source structure is the the string of the format 2001-01-01 ? Then probably you can use this deine a constant of type string and the value 2001-01-01.

Then for the xpath expression

/p1:BAPI_EQUI_GETDETAIL.Response/DATA_GENERAL_EXP[number(translate(READ_CRDAT, "-", ""))>=constant]

or you can try this one for the existing condition.

/p1:BAPI_EQUI_GETDETAIL.Response/DATA_GENERAL_EXP[number(translate(READ_CRDAT, "-", ""))>=2001-01-01]

Give it a shot.

Cheers

<b>*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

XPath in BPM switch

Posted: Jul 18, 2007 4:54 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to use a switch in an integration process that relies on XPath for the switching logic and I am having some difficulties getting it to work.

I've tested the following and it is a valid XPath statement, but does not seem to work as I would expect in XI

/p1:BAPI_EQUI_GETDETAIL.Response/DATA_GENERAL_EXP[number(translate(READ_CRDAT, "-", ""))>=20010101]