cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Binary Files through File Adapter to FTP Site

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know I've read about this, but can't seem to find the answer. Apologize if it was an obvious find.

We need to communicate file contents (non XML) using file adapter to pick up the files from the local XI server and send them to an external business partner using FTP adapter. The files are not XML and contain encrypted data, and I need to transmit them with no modification. Is it required to setup a dummy data type with 1 tag and use content conversion to do this? I don't want to get into writing my own custom adapter modules.

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

If its just file mover then there is no need any design in IR part. Juz configure the ID with dummy interfaces and in the comm.channel choose it as Binary,thats it everything is done. If you need any help in achieving the same, kindl reply back.

Blog :/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am dealing with an Interface where the Data(text) needs to be transferred from SAP to Third party sytem in the same (text) format.

I have used Proxy(XI adapter) at one end and File Adapter at the other end.

The data is being sent but the structure is getting tranformed.

i.e. the output cannot read the new line and the data is coming as a single line.

Please advise how to get the output data same as the input.

No mapping is being used here.

Thanks,

Sampada

Edited by: Sampada Atri on Jan 4, 2008 5:55 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi peter!!

If you want to move the file from one location to another, there is no need of any design part ( Repository Objects) so you can avoid that part.

Just do configuration with no interface. This blog will help you to configure your scenario without using any Repository Objects.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

regards,

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

This is an easy scenario. Just have to configure a sender FCC and a receiver FTP.

I have a same scenario working very fine.

The format of the document doesn't changes.

Please have alook at this link.

It also provides the FTp server GUIKD FTP.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4120. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Sampada, This might also solcve ur problem. U just have to install this FTP on ur Third Party system.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sumit