cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Build error (NW2004s)-Failed to parse XML document containing VMO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have developed webdynpro applications in NW2004 SP16 which are working perfectly fine.

Now we want to deploy these applications on NW2004s server for which we are importing all the applications in NW2004s NWDS. Many of the applications are buildind and deploying successfully. We are facing problems for the applications which are having dependencies.

For e.g. Comp-A is built and deployed successfully on NW2004s. Comp-B and Comp-C are using Comp-A so we have added Comp-A in used DCs. Now Comp-B is built and deployed successfully, but Comp-C is not even building.

It is throwing following build error :

[System.err] [Invoked from com.sap.ide.generationfwk.task.GenerationTaskJavaMethod.executePersistent(GenerationTaskJavaMethod.java:153)]

[System.err] com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.RepositoryRuntimeException: Failed to parse XML document containing VMO=com.rel.cmet.components.seloptcomp.SelectOptionsComp.

[System.err] at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.persistence.xml.XMLConfigurationParserWriter.startParsing(XMLConfigurationParserWriter.java:180)

[System.err] at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.persistence.xml.XMLPersistence.doReadVMO(XMLPersistence.java:126)

[System.err] at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.persistence.RepositoryPersistence.readVMO(RepositoryPersistence.java:356)

[System.err] at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.persistence.RepositoryPersistence.doFindRepositoryObject(RepositoryPersistence.java:598)

[System.err] at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.persistence.RepositoryPersistence.findRepositoryObject(RepositoryPersistence.java:170)

[System.err] at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.model.Repository.findRepositoryObjectInternal(Repository.java:590)

[System.err] at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.model.Repository.findRepositoryObject(Repository.java:555)

[wdgen] ERROR: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.RepositoryRuntimeException: Failed to parse XML document containing VMO=com.rel.cmet.components.seloptcomp.SelectOptionsComp., C:/Documents and Settings/gshah/.dtc/LocalDevelopment/t/D8C7653D42E805CAF9525612F1B5AD1D/gen_wdp/configuration/Components/com.rel.cmet.components.vendlabmatcomp.VendorLaborMaterialComp/VendorLaborMaterialComp.xml

[wdgen] ERROR: Unknown exception during generation null (com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.GenerationAntTaskError)

[wdgen] ERROR: Generation failed due to errors (7 seconds)

Error: C:\Documents and Settings\gshah\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\com.rel\vlm_rept\_comp\gen\default\logs\build.xml:102: [Error] Generation failed!

Has anybody face such kind of problem.. or any solution for this ....

We have already tried reimporting unsuccessful DCs, repairing project structure and classpath... but so far no luck ...

Waiting for the response..

Thanks and regards,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

VMO exception generally comes when 2 applications with same name exists on the server. Just check whether any other application is available with same name or u can change ur application name & try.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you resolve the error as I am also facing the same. please help me resolve it

Regards

Mrinalini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai amol,

The error is due to the problem with the navigation link created between two views.just delete the link and check where the problem actually exists.If you are passing some parameter from one view to another just check that link.if possible recreate the link.I got the same error rectified by doing so.good luck-sharanya

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

The component <b>SelectOptionsComp</b> seems to be corrupt.

Can you recreate it and then try to build the dc.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

As I said earlier the "SelectOptionsComp" component built and deployed successfully. Actually there are total 11 applications which are using "SelectOptionsComp" as used DC. Out of which 2 are built and deployed, but 9 failed to build giving error which I pasted earlier.

Thanks & regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me out with this??