cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used synchronous message in XI 2.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!!

I'm testing synchronous message in XI 2.0 now.

I've created async message and it was working fine.

I was using file adapters.

I'm affraid that I can't configure my synchronous message properly.

When I send message I receive the empty answer.

There is no any information in the monitor.

Here is my scenario:

Request path:

[System A]>[MsgReq before mapping]>[mapping]>[MsgReq after mapping]>[System B]

Response path:

[System A]<[MsgRes after mapping]<[mapping]<[MsgRes before mapping]<[System B]

I'm in a mess. I would like to be able to see the result of request mapping

and to simulate the B system (to create the correct response) and then put

into response path. And to see the final response message at the end.

But I don't know how to do it. How to configure file adapters? How many file adapters

should I have? I suppose 4(?), but during normal configuration path I've configured only

adapter under 'Receiver System Endpoints' and another under adapter engine so I have 2 ones.

Note, I have QoS=BE.

I'm sorry for this infantile problem. I've just started working with XI...

I would be grateful for any hints.

Regards,

Mariusz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood u right, I think u have to use two asyncronous messages to achieve the results you want.According to me, u cannot configure a file adapter as both inbound & outbound. So in your case you have to use two inbound adapters & two outbound adapters. You will be able to do synchronous communication if you are using RFC adapter & BAPIS. Please verify.

Regards

Mathew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew!

Thanks for your answer. Yes, of course, I know I can try to "simulate" synchronous messages using 2 asynchronous ones. The problem is that I think there is no point in doing that cos during configuration I can choose to use sync or async messages.

As I wrote, async ones works fine (I mean I understood how it should work and I managed to configure my example properly).

Now I would like to try with sync messages. I went through configuration and I had to, for example, configure mapping in both ways.

But now I think I miss something, or I don't understand how it should work.

For example I send "create customer" message (personal data) from A system to B system. There will be one mapping between them. And there will be the response from B system to A system (ID of this customer in B system). There will be another mapping between B and A systems.

How to simulate the work of B system?

How to configure and test a such scenaro?

Have a nice day,

Mariusz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maruisz

just Wondering if you got an answer to the way the message is returned when receiving a response from the BAPI?

Regards

Clinton