cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP to third party system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have a scenario like transfer data from SAP Ztable to the third party system with platform /os/db as mainframe/DB2 .. which adapter i have to use ( file or any other ) and which protocol i have to use..

generally what kind of questions i have to ask network enginner for using the FTP protocol..

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry wrong thread ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sedamkar,

You can use Proxy or RFC as sender to XI. On the receiver end you can JDBC adapter to load the database directly.

You should ask your network engineer / Basis guys:

a) to deploy the JDBC drivers

b) table name, user name and password to connect to the database etc.

Inserting data into DB2 is nothing but inserting data into Oracle etc.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As pointed ...above you can for a file to file scenario you can create just the Business service in integration Directory and create two file communication channels for sender and reciever under it.

However if it was file to idoc or file to rfc ..

then you need create ts web as abap ..identifying your R/3 system

System Name: <you can give a 3 character id here of r/3 system ...i.e like IDS>

System Home : <can be found in status of R/3 system>

Installtion Number : In transaction Slicense in R/3

Host Name : Same as System home can be specified.

Message Server: <3600+instance Number can be found in the log pad to the r/3 system itself >

associate a bussiness system with this ...create a product and a software component version ...In swcv in respository ..develop your object under it ...

Import this business system in Configuration ..and create your communication chanel under it.

Regards ,

Deepak

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat,

As you know on sender side u can use RFC adapter to push the data to XI. In receiver since its DB2 u can use JDBC adapter to connect to it. Or if they provided any filesystem ,then u can use FTP adapter.

The main stuff u wanna ask ur n/w engr : Server name and port[default:21] but it defers it they use FTPS.

Best regards,

raj.