cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a SAP BW OLAP Data Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having trouble setting up an OLAP data server to access my BW server. I've put in my server name, login name and password. Everything else I've left with the default. I'm not sure what the 'catalog' refers to. Is that a cube?

When I try to create a query template, I'm not getting any available modes and I'm certain it's my data server setup. I've browsed through the 'How to Integrate XMII with Business Information Warehouse' document but I'm still not clear on the data server setup.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

David,

You're problems with naming a very understandable since it really depends on your background with BW on what you call a cube versus a catalog. If you deal with internal transaction (ie: RSA1) versus external transactions (ie: MDXTEST) the nomenclature is different:

Internal External

Catalog No Equivalent

Cube Catalog

Query Cube

View Query

Most likely you do not have the proper port specified, SICF then at the top select Goto -> Port Information the port number is the HTTP port and <b>not</b> the SAPHTTP port. Also in Query Designer don't forget to remote enable the cube, this is mentioned in the connection guide. Finally if you still can't get it to work, what is the error message you are getting in the General Log? Hope this helps.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Be sure that the cube is released for your xMII. This should be done in the BW side.

Once the cube is released for xMII mention the cube name in catalog.

Hope this helps for you

Former Member
0 Kudos

The catalog is the cube when connecting to BW. You'll need a data server for each cube you'll want to query.