cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lookup tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does XI support the use of lookup tables ?

Thanks, Nir Marcu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to use value mapping to convert UOM from one system to another in XI. Basically it like this:

System A System B

KG KM

ME MG

Can I use value mapping to or I have to input one by one to fixValue table?

If I use value mapping, I can set

source Agency: SystemA

Target Agency: SystemB

Source Scheme: UOM

Target Scheme: UOM

But When the data comes in from System A, go though Value Mapping conversion, would it will pick up everything from System B? since they all belong to same scheme, but I don't know the source shceme from the source data? Like Weight or Liquid?

Any help is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Last month I saw an SAP XI presentation, in which they showed that in the next version/sp SAP XI will support the look-up ability. So I assume that they are going to provide a more comfortable way of doing that...

Does anyone know something about that ?

Nir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Michael describes there are the two way to implement lookups. They though have some limitations like they should be configures in the Integration Builder and they can only map from one value to an other. If you want to lookup more values you should concatenate thise before making the lookup.

We have solved this problem by implementing our own lookup tool to fetch the values from R3 tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nir,

See if below link can help in building your approach.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/how to perform sap data lookups within xi mappings

Regards,

satish

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one more thing,

if you got any a few values you can use :

fixvalues - function in the mapping (Function Category: Conversions)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/c4cdfc334824478090739c04c4a249/content.htm

Regards,

michal