cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a browser refresh be called from a WD4A application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an WD4A component which works with SAP supplied components in a Roadmap. Our component uploads a person's resume and parses it. The data is displayed in other roadmap steps. In the same IE session, if the user loads another resume, the other Roadmap components don't display the changed data unless the user clicks on the browser's refresh button.

Our component loads SAP HR tables; the SAP supplied components read and display the data from the tables. SAP has not provided a means of context mapping from one component to another in the Roadmap.

Is there a way to programmatically call a browser refresh from WD4A? I haven't seen any method in any of the WD classes to do this.

Otherwise, is there a way to refresh just one or two of the components?

Any ideas, anybody?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can invalidate the context nodes in your actions and later you can bind it.

This will help you to get the context nodes updated.

Thanks

Anzy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually what I needed was to have the underlying data which filled the context nodes read because the underlying database had additions to it. Since the SAP applied components are part of a Roadmap, and do not re-read the data once the Roadmap is initialized, I ended up doing an Enhancement to manually invalidate the data in a node and force the re-reading of the data.

Thanks, both of you for your generous responses!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

If you have a context node where you do the change,

and you subnodes nees refresh (and they heve supply functions)

do node->invalidate( ). on parent node

If you mean refresh after making some changes, say adding a record to the table etc, then you have to bind the data to the context again. Node->bind_elements( ) will refresh the data in your context.

Cheers,

Darshna.