cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File2File Scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my Organization XI is installed and we are all accessing it through the front-end

installed on our system. I want to develop File to file scenaria from scratch, like creating TS and BS systems etc. I want to keep my source XML file in some local

file and it should be transfered to some other local file.

While creating TSs, Is it should be of type 'Third Party'? or WebAS ABAP?

Give me details to be entered while creating these 'Third Party' systems and

'WebAS ABAP'.

Points will be rewarded, Please help me out.

-Sreenivas Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when ur work file to file scenario if it is local file system to local file system then then messge protocal should be file (nfs) or it is file system to a file server then u should use FTP(file transfer protocal ) as message protocal.

Coming to the tecnical system the technical should be of type 3rd party because by default we have abap stack and java stack if sap system then it should be web as abap or it is java system then should be web as java other then this it should be third party.even business system is also of same type.

Reward points if useful,

Regards,

SrinivasD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As pointed ...above you can for a file to file scenario you can create just the Business service in integration Directory and create two file communication channels for sender and reciever under it.

However if it was file to idoc or file to rfc ..

then you need create ts web as abap ..identifying your R/3 system

System Name: <you can give a 3 character id here of r/3 system ...i.e like IDS>

System Home : <can be found in status of R/3 system>

Installtion Number : In transaction Slicense in R/3

Host Name : Same as System home can be specified.

Message Server: <3600+instance Number can be found in the log pad to the r/3 system itself >

associate a bussiness system with this ...create a product and a software component version ...In swcv in respository ..develop your object under it ...

Import this business system in Configuration ..and create your communication chanel under it.

Regards ,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas !

TS of type WebAS ABAP is for representing a SAP R/3 System for example. Here you should state the host name, system number , release, message server and installed products. In this case, each client in the system is a separate Business System, this also related to the concept of a client as a Logical System in ALE configuration.

Regards,

Matias.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sreeni,

It has to be ThirdParty. Moreover in my point of perspection , for file-to-file scenario there is no need to create Business system, rather u can use Business Service to achieve the same. But it all depends on your business reqmt.

For Creating third party tech sys.

For example:

System name : FTP_SERVER

Host name: yahoo.com

Choose your Product in the available list and click finish.

Best regards,

raj.