cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File formatting using File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi we are using a sender / receiver file adapter to recive file from source and post file to the target location

This is the expected format in the target system

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<YYY_TIME_XML>

<YYY_TIME_DATA>

<CLIENTID>1</CLIENTID><EMPLID>7454</EMPLID><EMPL_RCD>1</EMPL_RCD><SEQNO>2</SEQNO><COMPANY>765</COMPANY><BUSINESS_UNIT/><DEPTID/><LOCATION/><JOBCODE/><PAYGROUP>XI1</PAYGROUP><OFF_CYCLE>Y</OFF_CYCLE><PU_TXN_TYPE>R</PU_TXN_TYPE><MANUAL_CHECK>S</MANUAL_CHECK><ERNCD>KEG</ERNCD><DATEWORKED>19970303</DATEWORKED><EARNS_BEGIN_DT>20050624</EARNS_BEGIN_DT><EARNS_END_DT>20040630</EARNS_END_DT><OTH_HRS>5</OTH_HRS><ADDL_PAY_SHIFT/><ADDL_SEQ>0</ADDL_SEQ><COMPRATE>10</COMPRATE><DISABLE_DIR_DEP>R</DISABLE_DIR_DEP><AMT>80</AMT><CREATION_DT>20070401101234</CREATION_DT><BATCH_ID>200777251</BATCH_ID><STATE> </STATE><LOCALITY> </LOCALITY><GB_GROUP_ID> </GB_GROUP_ID>

</YYY_TIME_DATA>

<YYY_TIME_DATA>

<CLIENTID>1</CLIENTID><EMPLID>127454</EMPLID><EMPL_RCD>3</EMPL_RCD><SEQNO>5</SEQNO><COMPANY>149</COMPANY><BUSINESS_UNIT/><DEPTID/><LOCATION/><JOBCODE/><PAYGROUP>SW1</PAYGROUP><OFF_CYCLE>T</OFF_CYCLE><PU_TXN_TYPE>Q</PU_TXN_TYPE><MANUAL_CHECK>S</MANUAL_CHECK><ERNCD>BEG</ERNCD><DATEWORKED>20050707</DATEWORKED><EARNS_BEGIN_DT>20050624</EARNS_BEGIN_DT><EARNS_END_DT>20040630</EARNS_END_DT><OTH_HRS>52</OTH_HRS><ADDL_PAY_SHIFT/><ADDL_SEQ>0</ADDL_SEQ><COMPRATE>8</COMPRATE><DISABLE_DIR_DEP>Q</DISABLE_DIR_DEP><AMT>90</AMT><CREATION_DT>20070401106784</CREATION_DT><BATCH_ID>200788851</BATCH_ID><STATE> </STATE><LOCALITY> </LOCALITY><GB_GROUP_ID> </GB_GROUP_ID>

</YYY_TIME_DATA>

But we are getting the data in a line string format.

<YYY_TIME_XML><YYY_TIME_DATA><CLIENTID>1</CLIENTID>......................

Any ideas on how to fix this.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

There is no issue with the data,the business users are loading the file into wordpad

and they are very particular that they use wordpad.

With IE it come fine just with the wordpad it messes up.

We used XSLT mapping.Just want to know how to line break in XI

Nandini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandini !

If you need to line break in the file adapter, you should use File Content Conversion (FCC)..the XML format will disappear, and you should use the xyz.endSeparator = 'nl' in file content conversion where xyz is the recordset structure defined in the FCC parameters table. You should also indicate field names so the xml is converted properly.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandini !

As far as I understand, the "CRLF" characters (Hexa 0D and 0A for carriage return and line need) are not needed for the XML parser to understand the target file structure as a unique line...maybe your target system is parsing manually the file reading it line by line instead of using an XML parser.

If you try to open your received xml file in Internet Explorer? are you seeing it correct?

An XML file with all info in one line is still a valid XML file.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai Shankar ,

I want to know how the line break is implemented in the XML file.

Nandini

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>I want to know how the line break is implemented in the XML file.

Why do you want the line breaks in a XML file? I could think of no situatuion that demands such a requirement. As I already explained any application that consumes a xml file should process the XML file with or without line breaks in a similar way.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Try to open with the XML editor....

and also what is the file name you have mentioned in the Reciver File adater CC...

Mention with .<b>xml</b> or not ...

Regards,

sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

We used an XSD structure and we did not define any data types.

Thanks,

Nandini

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nandini,

XSD structure for both source and target is it? Did u tested ur results in Message mapping editor? Are u getting the correct results in mapping editor.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean the line breaks?

See the XML in a browser. Both are the same.

What is your application at the target side that consumes this XML file? I beleive/ hope it should not be a problem.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nandini,

How you defined the data type? Did u defined as per the structure?

Best regards,

raj.