Can someone help me with this question:

/thread/483465 [original link is broken]

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP007,

Do one thing. Create an R/3 RFC destination with the exact name ECC60DEV in BI system having credentials of the R/3 system . Infact i guess you must be using an RFC destination R346CPROD already. This new RFC destination should be a copy of R346CPROD .Make sure the connection is working fine. Once this is done please check once again in RSA1.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Do you have any further suggestions? I took a look at the ECC 6.0 WE20. There was entry under ' LS ' - 'BI70DEV'. and in the outbound parameters, if I click any of the entires, they point to our old BW 3.1 production. Let me know if this helps you.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry... there is a correction in the above message. Please note the correction below.

I by mistake mentioned BI70DEV in the below message:

-

Once I 'Check' and 'USE' to use the existing RFC destination, it says "Connection BA is used in the ECC60DEV source system as a connection <u><b>BI70DEV</b></u> to BW. Do you want to delete this connection to the source system? Connection is restored after it has been deleted successfully."

-

But the actual message had

-

Once I 'Check' and 'USE' to use the existing RFC destination, it says "Connection BA is used in the ECC60DEV source system as a connection <u><b>BW31PROD</b></u> to BW. Do you want to delete this connection to the source system? Connection is restored after it has been deleted successfully."

-

BW31PROD is the logical system of 32 bit old BW Production from which I created a database copy which, I used for upgrading to BI 7.0 on the AMD 64 architecture. Please let me know if this helps any ways in helping me out.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi once again thank you for the prompt response.

WE21 - 'Ports in IDOC Processing' shows the port is properly assigned to ECC60DEV and not R346CDEV. Also, I notice that under 'Version' in WE21, I see 'IDOC record types SAP release 4.x' is selected (if at all this would help you).

Also, in RSA1, When I right click on the source system to 'Activate', it gives me two error messages:

BI unknown in the source system

BI IDOC type ZSBA018 is not the same as the source system IDOC type

Also, in RSA1, when I right click on the source system to 'Restore',

It asks me to input the connection username from BW to source system and source system to BW. Once I put in the passwords,

It prompts me saying "Please login as an administrator in the next screen"

In the next screen, it takes me to the logon screen of ECC 6.0 Dev system. Once I type the user with the administrator priviliges

It says "User already exists in the source system only continue if the user and profile are correct"

Once I hit "Continue", it says, "RFC destination already exists in the source system. Do you want to use this destination, check or cancel source system connection".

Once I 'Check' and 'USE' to use the existing RFC destination, it says "Connection BA is used in the ECC60DEV source system as a connection BI70DEV to BW. Do you want to delete this connection to the source system? Connection is restored after it has been deleted successfully."

There are two options, "DELETE", "DO NOT DELETE". When I hit "DO NOT DELETE", it exits out of the screen and gets back to RSA1 and throws an error message at the bottom saying "Source system cannot use any of the proposed connection names".

Please advice what needs to be done.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Yes, I do have the RFC named ECC60DEV and it is exactly the same as R346CPROD. But, it doesn't work inspite of that. When I right click on the source system and choose 'CHECK', I get the following error messages:

-

EDI: Partner profile not available

Entry in outbound table not found

Port description contain errors: Incorrect destination

BI unknown in source system

BI IDoc type ZSBA018 is not the same as source system IDoc type

The following errors occured in the source system:

EDI: Partner profile not available

Entry in inbound table not found

-

Once again, as I had mentioned in the previous post, I did convert the R346CPROD in the BW Dev system to ECC60DEV using BDLS.

Any other suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do one thing. Goto partner profile ECC60DEV in txn WE20. Look in outbond as well inbound messages and check for message type. Double click in any one them.In the next screen it will give you port details.Double click on the port. It will now take you to WE21 and show you port details. Look for entry for RFC destination. I think it will be maintained as R346CPROD. Change it to ECC60DEV and save it. Now this should work.

Regards.

Ruchit.