cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO status Held in extended classic scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM gurus,

I am very new to SRM with MM background. I have a question which i think you guys might have come across earlier.

We are using version 5.5 extended classic scenario, replicated all the vendors and materials from R/3 to SRM, did all the basic configuration needed, we are able to see those vendors and materials in SRM also. here is the issue. we are trying to add an item to the shopping cart which in turn creates a PO in SRM so that it automatically replicates in R/3. But the PO status in SRM is Held and we found out that vendor is not assigned to the PO which is very clear why the PO has been held. So what could be reason the vendor is not getting assigned to the PO though we have the inforecord and source list(checked the fix indicator also)for the same material and vendor in R/3 ?

I'm sure many of u would have come across this issue. please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to maintain a <b>contract</b> or <b>vendor list</b> in SRM in order to generate PO automatically from SC for Extended Classical scenario.

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya

We have already added that vendor to our list. When we go to change PO and select that vendor and save it, again the PO gets the HELD status. Can you tell me what might be wrong?

thanks

Pradheep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradheep,

1) which workflows you are using for PO and check whether any workflow is triggering or not?

check what type of triggering events you are using to the workflow and make sure that only one worklfow for your triggering event.

2) check whether PO number range maintained in SRM and R/3 number range or matching or not?

even if it didn't work, feel free to ask me again.

reward the points for helpful answers

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya

Thanks for your quick response.

1) We are using Workflow without approval process

2) I checked BBP_NUM_SUSPO in SRM server. There is nothing in there. Is this the correct number range for PO? I checked OMH6 in R/3. please tell me how to sync it.

When we try to post it after editing the PO with vendor number, we are getting Waiting for approval error though we have activated Without workflow approval process. let me know why is it showing that error?

We have another strange issue which is, We have assigned a material say M01 to a pur.group P01,Pur.org POrg1 and vendor V01 and have info record and source list, but we don't see this Pur.grp when we create the shopping cart and it defaults to some other pur.grp say AP01 which we deleted long back. can you tell me where it is picking up the deleted ones?

thanks

Pradheep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for your strange issue, whether you mapped the purchasing group to your Org Structure in SRM or not?

for your PO problem, I'll suggest list down all PO workflows (WS14000075, WS14000089, WS14000145 - N step workflow) and see one by one which one is active and make sure that only one workflow has to be active.

secondly go to the Implementation Guide there go to the SRM server number ranges -> Number ranges for shopping cats and follow on documents and see which number range you are using for PO and check Number ranges as per backend system there make sure that you mentioned the correct number range for your logical system. Now go to R/3 and see the number range for POs mentioned the same as external type numbe range. also check the in SRM the same number ranges entered in Transaction Type for BUS 2201.

reward points for helpful answers

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try this SAP Note ->

Note 878888 - FI logical system not found during GM check and PO is held

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Seems like the SAP Note you have provided is ir-relevant to our issue now.

1)We are trying to create a PO Locally, after assigning the vendor it says

"PO awaiting approval"

2)We are not able to create a PO in extended classic scenario because we are not able to select the back end Pur.grp which is connected to our Org.structure in SRM.

So can you explain me why is that? I would really appreciate your early response.

thanks

Pradheep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satya

can you explain me how to see which workflow is triggering when we save the shopping cart or in the creation of PO? we don't have any workflow guys in our team so please help me in this.

thanks

Pradheep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pradeep,

I have gone through all ur posts. Through all those posts i can make out that the problem is not because of work flow. If you want to see the approver just click on the approver in the Shopping cart details.

Regarding the issue you have mentioned regarding the defaulting of some other P.Group just check to which P.Group your user was assigned to? If your user was assigned to some other P.Group and you try to shop for a differenet P.Group, it always defaults the P.Group to which the user was assigned.

Also please check your attributes of your org. structure once. And still the problem persits plz feel free to ask. Also explain the problem clearly.

Also assign suitable points for suitable replies.

Rgds,

Teja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pradheep,

Go to transaction BBP_PD and find the PO. Open the PO and select the Check Again link in the Message area.

Regards,

Masa