cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while testing JCo destinations...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting some errors while creating my JCo destinations. Basically the JCo destinations are getting created but at the time of testing am getting the following error.

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=iwdf5020 GROUP=SPACE R3NAME=T20 MSSERV=sapmsT20 PCS=1 ERROR partner not reached (host 10.16.152.39, service sapmsT20) TIME Wed Jun 29 16:28:23 2005 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -10 MODULE nixxi_r.cpp LINE 8579 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn ERRNO 10061 ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER 1

I am sure that the r/3 system name, message server host and port everything is correct. So cant figure out why this is coming. I have been suggested to add the Message server of the system in question to the services file. But I dont know how to that. Please help experts...

Thanks & Regards,

Shubhadip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shubhadip,

You have to set the service name in the path as shown below

c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\services file.

Make sure that the service name and port no are correctly copied there

It should be in the format

sapms<SID> 3600/tcp

Hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have checked this services file. It has one entry as Rohit suggested. But still the same exception is coming. Really unable to find whats the problem. Let me tell you what I have done for creating the technical system in SLD.

1. Started creating Web AS ABAP.

2. First Screen: SID = R/3 SYstem Name

Installation Number: Installation Number of the R/3 System

DB Host Name: Host Name of the SAP System

3. Second Screen:

Message Server:

Host Name: Host Name of the R/3 system

Message Port: 3600 as the R/3 Sys Id is 00

Logon Group: SPACE (I have checked this group is there)

Central Application Server:

Host Name: R/3 System Host Name

Instance Number: 00

4. Third Screen: optional so didnt enter anything

5. Fourth screen: Added client number through which I can normally log in.

6. Fifth Screen: Already created one dummy product in my SLD's software catalog. So added this.

After this the System gets created properly. Can anyone please suggest where am I doing the error actually?

Thanks for your response...

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you telnet to the specified ip and port from the Web Dynpro server?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhadip,

Check your Technical system for SAP R/3 which you have created in sld is correct or not.

Entry for service file looks ok from the messege.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhabik,

I have checked the entry in SLD. It looks correct. Is there any definite way of testing this entry instead f checking manually? Over this can you please let me know how to do this service file entry? I havent done any entry as such. So, where to find this service file and what to enter there.. if I get this information atleast I can try out that too.

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have an entry for sapmsT20 in the etc/services file on the server where you've defined this JCo destination?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Pascal, where can I find this file and what should be the entry? can u pls give me an example?

thanks,

Shubhadip