cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting User Attributes from an Active Directory LDAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

I want to extract attributes assigned to a user in the Active Directory LDAP and make them available through the getPropertyValue property in Javascript. I know that a user's System Attributes can be accessed with getPropertyValue but I have not found a way to get specific attributes from the LDAP and make them available as specific attributes in xMII. System attributes like "EmailAddress1" seem to transfer from the LDAP but others don't. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

...Sparks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Sparks,

What version of xMII are you using?

-Sam

0 Kudos

Sparks,

If you're using 11.5 or 12 actually they should all map into the system as session properties. You can use the following URL to verify your session properties:

http://<xMIIServer>/Lighthammer/PropertyAccessServlet?Mode=List

If you are not seeing the attributes you expect then your Attribute Query for User or Role is incorrect for your LDAP system and you need to change the LDAP configuration queries.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I'm working in 11.5 sp3 right now.

Yes, the AccessServlet does display the list of attributes, however, the ones in the active directory that I am interested in are not in the list, only those defined as default "system attributes" in xMII.

I would like to be able to see the other LDAP attributes including any custom attributes I may add to the LDAP.

0 Kudos

Sparks,

Ok, in 11.5 you only need to have the Attributes Queries for Role/User working properly to have the session variables to show up. One or both of your queries is incorrect for your LDAP system, use the LDAP Configuration Query Test to determine what the problem is.

For future reference in v12 you have to have defaults specified for the attributes you want to show up from the LDAP.

Hope this helps.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam. I had forgotten about that query. Do I have to define corresponding user attributes in xMII for the additional attributes to attach to or do they come from the query?

0 Kudos

Sparks,

In 11.5 they come from the query and in 12 you have to specify them

-Sam

Answers (0)