cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corba and EJB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My goal is to connect via CORBA to an EJB.

Like described in there were ome issues in WAS630 Sneak so I wanted to test it again.

Now there is the Deploy IIOP Suport button

But now even the way from a java client doesn't work.

When i try to resolve my Namecomponent

NameComponent[] nComps = {new NameComponent ("kundenVerwaltungEJBSF", "")};

ejbHome = initCtx.resolve(nComps);

I catch an CannotProceed Exception. I have not found any hint what maybe could be the cause. So i searched in the Log files of the WAS.

And ther is some entry in the defaultTrace.trc.0:

#1.5#0030050CF9B20091000000C8000007380003D4A6C5327611#1078237668212#com.sap.engine.services.iiop.server.CorbaServiceFrame##com.sap.engine.services.iiop.server.CorbaServiceFrame#Administrator#85#####SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_38##0#0#Warning##Plain###Cannot load tie class for com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implserver._ServerContextImpl_Tie.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implserver._ServerContextImpl_Tie

at com.sap.engine.services.iiop.server.IIOPProvider.loadObject(IIOPProvider.java:195)

at com.sap.engine.services.iiop.server.IIOPProvider.exportObject(IIOPProvider.java:98)

at com.sap.engine.services.cross.PortableRemoteObjectContainer.exportObject(PortableRemoteObjectContainer.java:44)

at com.sap.engine.system.PortableRemoteObjectProxy.exportObject(PortableRemoteObjectProxy.java:12)

at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.exportObject(PortableRemoteObject.java:84)

at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.<init>(PortableRemoteObject.java:68)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implserver.AbstractServerContextImpl.<init>(AbstractServerContextImpl.java:30)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implserver.ServerContextImpl.<init>(ServerContextImpl.java:131)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.pool.ServerContextImplPool.getObject(ServerContextImplPool.java:80)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implserver.ServerContextImpl.lookup(ServerContextImpl.java:593)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implclient.ClientContext.lookup(ClientContext.java:326)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implclient.ClientContext.lookup(ClientContext.java:558)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.util.AdminJNDIUtils.createSubcontext(AdminJNDIUtils.java:63)

There are much more lines to go.

Its quite long, but as i can see there is no class of mine involved so I think thats a Problem in the WAS itself.

Is this a known Problem?

Is there a workaround?

Will there be a patch for the Sneak Preview?

Anyway the new Developer studio works great, and EJB Creation is really well thought out.

Regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

At the moment we're overrun with a couple of "finish by yesterday" tasks. As soon as some of the team is free we'll get to your issue.

Best regards

Nikolai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian, forget about this ClassNotFoundException - it's just a warning

Is there any stacktrace of the CanotProceed exception ?

Regards Nikolai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the stacktrace and the localized Message

org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.CannotProceed: IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/CannotProceed:1.0

at org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.CannotProceedHelper.read(CannotProceedHelper.java:72)

at org.omg.CosNaming._NamingContextExtStub.resolve(_NamingContextExtStub.java:408)

at de.unilog.soc.kundenVerwaltung.CorbaClient.main(CorbaClient.java:56)

IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/CannotProceed:1.0

Hope this helps

Regards Christian

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Besides Nicolai's suggestions (he is from development and should know best), have you read the documentation on <p> this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/fe/a3996fa314f94f8a0c3475b08636d0/frameset.htm

From there go to Connectivity and Interoperability ->RMI/IIOP

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian, forget about this ClassNotFoundException - it's just a warning

Is there any stacktrace of the CanotProceed exception ?

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

> Now there is the Deploy IIOP Suport button

Where did you find this? I got to follow what and how you do it. The error doesn't tell me anything.

> Its quite long, but as i can see there is no class of

> mine involved so I think thats a Problem in the WAS

> itself.

This may be. But differently then for sneak preview I, now we have a real implementation of iiop stuff, as there is now a large application using it.

> Is this a known Problem?

Not to me.

> Is there a workaround?

dito

> Will there be a patch for the Sneak Preview?

Definitely not. We will have a new sneak preview in the future, but no patches or else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> > Now there is the Deploy IIOP Suport button

>

> Where did you find this? I got to follow what and how

> you do it. The error doesn't tell me anything.

Like described in the other thread and in the help of WAS 630. The Button is in the Visual Administrator:

You have to start the IIOP Provider service for the server and for the dispatcher. And then you go to your EJB application

Server -> Services -> EJB Container

then you choose your Application, not the Bean itself. There is the button.

After that you should be able to use the Client which is posted in the other thread to lookup the Bean via CosNaming/CORBA and that is RMI over IIOP.

>

> > Its quite long, but as i can see there is no class

> of

> > mine involved so I think thats a Problem in the

> WAS

> > itself.

> This may be. But differently then for sneak preview

> I, now we have a real implementation of iiop stuff,

> as there is now a large application using it.

I just can't get it why he can't find some classes which must be in the WAS itself.

Regards,

Christian