cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link within a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Is it possible to render a column data of a table as a link? i need to get to the next page of the same WD Application on clicking the table data.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a property you are talking about? If so, property of which element?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I right clicked on the table in the outline window and chose 'Create Binding'. The context of this view is bound to a service controller which in turn is bound to an adaptive RFC model. In the create binding window it shows up all the model attributes. Theres an editor column where we specify LinkToAction. Besides this column we have this Binding column that has got values like text, textdirection, tooltip, type, visible... etc.

Whats the use of this Binding column?

Thanks

Nathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me how to navigate to the next iView on clicking the LinkToAction element? I am executing a BAPI on click event handler. How should i proceed from there?

Thanks in advance

Nathan.

arun_srinivasan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Right click the window in which you have a two views , select the navigation modeller

2) In the navigation modeller in veiw 1 , create a out bound plug , In the view 2 create a in bound bound and and create a navigation link between the two view

3) Bind the action (ex.. go) to the onaction property of link to action

4) in the implementation

//@@begin javadoc:onActionGo(ServerEvent)

/** Declared validating event handler. */

//@@end

public void onActionGo(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent )

{

//@@begin onActionGo(ServerEvent)

wdThis.wdFirePlug<Outplugname>();

//@@end

}

If you want to pass value from view 1 and view2 define that while you creating navigation plug

//@@begin javadoc:onActionGo(ServerEvent)

//@@end

public void onActionGo(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent )

{

//@@begin onActionGo(ServerEvent)

wdThis.wdFirePlug<out plug name>("xxxxxxxxx");

//@@end

}

//@@begin javadoc:onPlug<Inbound plug name>(ServerEvent)

//@@end

public void onPlug<Inbound plug name>com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent, java.lang.String value )

{

//@@begin onPlug<Inbound plug name>(ServerEvent)

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess(value);

//@@end

}

Hope this helps,

let me know for further

Thanks and Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. I am having two windows each having a viewset with a set of iViews. Is it possible to navigate between window1 and window2?

Nathan.

arun_srinivasan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan

I think you can open one window from another window through pop up only

for pop up

For a one component ,one window is enough i dont understand why you are having two windows in a same component. We will have two window in same component only in Pop up scenario.

I think navigation between two windows through navigation plug is not possible

If your problem is not solved yet

Please let me know your requirement for further

Thanks and Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks. I have a viewset that holds 3 views. Changes in View 1 and 2 affects View 3. I have a table in view 3 with one of the columns being a LinkToAction element. When i click on it i need to call an iView that opens in a separate page (not a popup). From this page when i hit a back button it should take me to the previous page with 3 iViews.

This may sound very basic. But i am a beginner. Please let me know how to do it.

One more question. How to use the MessageArea?

Thanks in advance.

Nathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Your Plug approach works. Thanks. Just one more clarification. How to use the message area?

Thanks

Nathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natan,

To Navigate to the next view when you click on LinkToAction Element in Table,

Normal scenario is define Navigation between 2 views.

To define navigation belween two views, you need to create exit and entry points for each view using outbound and inbound plugs.

Only then you can specify navigation flow using navigation links.

Inbound plugs define the possible entry points of a view, outbound plugs enable navigation to another view.

Then create a navigation link.

Ex : Outbound Plug --- ToView2

InBound plug -- FromView1

LinkToAction UI Element

Event

onAction -- FromView1 (Inbound plugs in a view react like an event.)

OR

If you work on FPM, the scenario will be different.

Thanks & Regards

Vasundhara

arun_srinivasan
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

The MessageArea UI element represents a placeholder that specifies where messages, such as error messages or warnings, should appear in the view.

The message area define the where the message should be displayed in a view. When we add the Message Area to the RootUIcontainer or other groups. In defines where to diplay the message in the view. It has maxvissibleMessage property and also we can set the layout

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a7/68a0cb87e4c447922a46cfa2655fb4/content.htm</b>

For gernerating the messages

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportWarning("Exception");

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("hello");

Thanks and Regards,

Arun

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Natan,

Check this links.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0f/134540631d6f13e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

For static link

-

For iview

-

/people/dipankar.saha3/blog/2007/04/10/how-to-open-running-gp-processes-from-web-dynpro-applications

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

It shouldnt be a boolean. It should basically be a string.

You must be doing something wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The value for binding was 'Enabled'. If i change it to 'text' it works. What does this binding mean?

Thanks

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

delete the existing cell editor and insert a new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should the column be a boolean in order to render it as a linktoaction element? Coz i tried to change the editor value. It shows up an error: Error for UIElement with Label <Label>. Select an attribute of type 'Boolean'

Former Member
0 Kudos

First insert a table.

Then open the context menu on the created table in outline window, and insert a column.

then open the context menu on the created column, and select insert table cell editor.

If there is already a table cell editor for that column, then that option will be disabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should have the linktoaction UIElment as the cell editor in your first column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That option is not enabled. I right clicked on the column id in the outline window. The 'Insert Table cell editor' option is greyed-out. Currently its a text view. Is it possible to change it to LinkToAction?

Nathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete the current cell editor, then the Insert Cell Editor entry will be enabled again.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have a linktoAction element in your table cell and in its action handler, you can write the code to navigate to the next view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This table shows data from R3. I want the first column of the table that holds the ID to be a link. Is that do-able?

Thanks

Nathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use LinkToAction as cell editor and map event parameter "nodeElement" to an action parameter "row" to determine the table row of the link that was clicked.

Armin