Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO from a .net portal to a SAP e-Recruiting Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a .NET Portal in my company and we are going to embed the e-Recruiting application in our portal. We are using a Active Directory to store all the credentials of the users/customers.

e-Recruiting is a Business package coded in BSP's.

We need to create a Single Sign-On (SSO) so our customer can log just in one application (most of them coded in .NET) and be able to access all of them.

My problem is the next, we are working with SSO for our .NET applications, it is not very complicated, but now, with the SAP e-Recruiting application we don't know how to handle the SSO, we don't know how to pass the username and password to the e-Recruiting application. How we can connect the user data we have in the active Directory with the login Module (if any) in the e-Recruiting platform.

any help?

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eduardo,

I assume you are using Integrated Windows Authentication configured in IIS and in IE when authenticating with .net applications ? If so, you can use this same method of authentication when accessing the BSP app, and you will then get SSO between the two environments (SAP and .net).

To configure IWA in SAP NetWeaver, you can either use the SAP SPNEGO login module, or a much better solution is to use the CyberSafe product known as TrustBroker Adapter. I work for CyberSafe so I am slightly biased If you contact me off line using my email address found in my SDN business card I will explain more of the differences, and help you with setup etc.

Regards,

Tim

1 REPLY 1

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eduardo,

I assume you are using Integrated Windows Authentication configured in IIS and in IE when authenticating with .net applications ? If so, you can use this same method of authentication when accessing the BSP app, and you will then get SSO between the two environments (SAP and .net).

To configure IWA in SAP NetWeaver, you can either use the SAP SPNEGO login module, or a much better solution is to use the CyberSafe product known as TrustBroker Adapter. I work for CyberSafe so I am slightly biased If you contact me off line using my email address found in my SDN business card I will explain more of the differences, and help you with setup etc.

Regards,

Tim