cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support pack 12 for solution manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on Patch level 10 and want to go to 12 on solution manager 4.0. do we need to download the patches from service market place or do we need to use the maintenance optimizer in DSWP. if so I don't see any solution manager except the satelliate systems.

Some one please let me know?

Thanks,

Chander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need both

You Solution Manager needs to be added as system in SMSY so you will see it in Maintenance Optimizer.

The other way of downloading patches is, step to http://service.sap.com/patches, use the "Support Stack" entry, select all and put all to the download basket. Then use any system that you have in MO and "confirm" the basket and then cancel the whole procedure. Your items will be confirmed and you can download them with the Download Manager.

--

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks,

chander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I did added using SMSY but i don't know why it is not reflecting in the MO.

without confirm we cannot download from basket after we download from service place? I did downloaded from the basket? do you think they are valid patches?

Thanks,

chander

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> without confirm we cannot download from basket after

> we download from service place?

Yes - all those that were delivered after April 2nd.

> I did downloaded from

> the basket? do you think they are valid patches?

yes - why not? There's nothing different in downloading "before" and "after" Maintenance Optimizer. MO is used JUST to confirm the patches in your download basket, no matter, what system you chose the maintenance task.

--

Markus