cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Server demo version for development?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any version of SAP R/3 server for application development?

I develop my external application in Java in Eclipse environment (I use basically Material Management module), but I am using server from my university which is currently unavailable. I need access to server asap and therefore I wonder whether there is any version for development.

Any helpful answer will be properly rewarded.

BR,

Rafal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know - but I doubt so.

You can get a technology basis release for development - but without any application on top, no R/3, no ECC, no CRM etc.

I'm sure that if SAP would do that, nobody would pay licenses any more, it's more a legal issue than a technical one. How should SAP offer support if you encounter an error in your MM module? How would patches be delivered without having a license and without access to service.sap.com?

However, I don't know if there are special university contracts allowing to have an "own" installation for that purpose...

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for an answer. Points will be rewarded later on.

I understand all these legal issues. Please explain me what means "technology basis release"? I mean, what does it include? Basically I use only a few BAPIs and function modules related to MM module and that's all what I really need. I list them below:

CALO_INIT_API

CSAP_MAT_BOM_CREATE

BAPI_MATERIAL_BOM_GROUP_CREATE

CSAP_MAT_BOM_READ

BAPI_MATERIAL_EXISTENCECHECK

BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST

BAPI_MATERIAL_GET_DATAIL

BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA

Do you know whether they are available within so called "technology basis release"? Perhaps it is stupid question, but I'm still new in SAP.

I've got to mention that I sent an email describing my problem to SAP. They've answered that I'm supposed to visit http://sdn.sap.com and there I can get a demo version. I still can't find it (perhaps I'm blind , or more probably names in download section are not so self-evident).

Looking forward any response.

BR,

Rafal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The "Basis release" contains the technology, a Web application server, and the basis transactions and e. g. also the technology to develop BAPIs.

Your mentioned BAPIs are part of the "SAP_APPL" component - which is the application, in this case the "R/3" on top of that Basis release.

To get the Basis you can download here on SDN in the download area the " SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version", however, this will not contain any of the BAPIs you use.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the clear answer and cooperation. You are already rewarded. I'll wait for a few days, perhaps someone else has any idea, otherwise I will change your points to 10.

BR,

Rafal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Not sure if I understand you.

How about IDES System ? IDES = "Internet Demonstration and Evaluation System". See SAP Note 174107.

cheers,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

Do you know how to get access to IDES system?

I can't see note 174107, because I don't have access to SAP Service Marketplace.

BTW, is it possible to get the access if I'm neither customer nor partner. I'm just a student who wanna learn and develop the client application.

Looking forward an answer. Your help will be properly rewarded.

BR,

Rafal

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rafa,

No for student, unless your university is one of SAP Customers/ Partners and got provide such facility.

Many SAP Course Trainings are using IDES system.

IDES system contains standard business scenarios with documentation based on predefined master and transactional data.

For your case, unfortunately it is not so possible. In SDN Download area, you can try out those Trial version that available.

cheers,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

It seems there is no help for me

Anyway I still have a hope.

BR,

Rafal