cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL - Installing Third party secure certificates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having problem while importing third party secured certificates (Verisign).

In STRUST, after import It was still saying Self-Signed message for third party certificates. I am not sure weather this is correct behavior or not.

After launch browser, the certificate status showing with message

"This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store."

Please help me to solve this issue. Any other procedure we need to follow to import third party certificates

Thanks in advance

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm guessing, you'll need to download the Verisign Trusted Root CA certificate from verisign.com and import it into your certificate list in STRUSTSSO2. Under the System PSE node.

If you doubeclick the response certificate from Verisign, you may be able to see what is heirarchy / trust chain for verisign certs. If it's more than just root, cert, you'll probably need to add the intermediate certs too. Check out verisign link, maybe it'll explain better.

https://www.verisign.com/support/ssl-certificates-support/page_dev028341.html

Also is the self signed message on teh SSL Server PSE node, or the server node? it shouldn't say self-signed if it's the (as example below) sapserver_sid_00 node.

SSL Server

|_ sapserver_sid_00

Hope that helps.

regards,

Laurence...

disclaimer:

The content of this message is my personal opinion only and, the statements I make here in no way represent my employer's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak on behalf of my employer on this matter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurence,

Thanks for your input. I imported certificates, but at browser level I am still able to view old certificates. Can you please tell me what shall I need to do to get my new certificates at browser level??

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's been a while since i setup the SSL stuff.

Did you restart ICM after you add the certs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I am facing the same problem as yours. If you have fixed this issue, could you share with me as to how to proceed. Really appreciate a quick answer.

Thanks in advance

Sheril

Former Member
0 Kudos

We fixed this issue, there was problems with root CA not in the Certificates database and we had to chain our response certificates.