Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Basis Components in the Integration Repository after 7.00 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently upgraded our XI Development system from 6.40 to 7.0 but

we have discovered a duplicate entry in the Integration Repository

under SAP BASIS. There are two SAP BASIS entries, one called SAP BASIS

6.40 and one called SAP BASIS 7.0. According to our developer, the runtime engine will now treat this as a duplicate entry since both 7.00 and 6.40 contain Adapter metadata, and will delete the entire data during a full cache refresh. Also, all of the communication channels in the Integration Directory are

pointing to the older 6.40 version. How do I re-point them to the 7.00

version. I'm assuming this all happened when I preformed the step on page 44 of

the SAP NetWeaver 2004s Java Upgrade Guide, in the "Follow up

activities" section titled: "6.10 Importing XI Content for Software

component SAP_Basis 7.00". Am I missing a next step or doing something

wrong for the upgrade? I'd like to fix my process before moving this

into Production. Thanks every for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, they said the process to point this to the 7.00 version is in fact a manual process at this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I spoke with two different contacts from SAP, and both stated that the two entries for SAP_BASIS were normal after the upgrade and nothing further "needs" to be done. You can take advantage of the 7.00 version if you want, but it is not necessary. Thanks everyone for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I think you have upgraded over the existing 6.40 basis component. what you can do is

1. Remove the BASIS content from IR.

2. Also remove it on the XI Server in the path

Choose the file<i> /usr/sap/<SAPSID>/SYS/global/xi/repository_server/importedfiles</i>

3. Re import the 7.00 BASIS component.

Regards,

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a step that was missed in the upgrade guide? I did not see anything reguarding first removing the 6.40 component before upgrading, or in this case, "replacing" it with 7.00. Also, the communication channels are all pointing to the older 6.40 version. How can I easily point them to the 7.00 version? Will this break the communication channels if I remove the 6.40 component with the communication channels still pointing at it. What is the process to repoint them to 7.00?

Thanks for the help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

I have not seen the quide. But if it had been properly upgraded you will be getting tow SWCV on Design environment one for 6.40 and one for 7.00.

But my first reply will solve your problem, i hope you are try it on development system first.

Regards,

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once I re-import the 7.00 Basis Component, how do I point all of the communication channels to the 7.00 version, as they are now pointing to the 6.40 version?

Thanks,

Tom

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

prior to importing SAP BASIS 7.00 SWCV in IR, you should have removed SAP BASIS 6.40 SWCV.

By doing this (hopefully) the adapters will point to the proper adapter entries (since it is expected that they have the same GUIDs).

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think now you have to manually point each comm channel to 7.00 components.

Regards,

Ramesh P