cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Folks,

I would like to do course on XI. I am having exp on ABAP. What is that course name? what is the curriculum?

If any one provides me the information, I Wud be grateful to them

Thanks in advance

Praneeth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member185845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As per SAP Course curriculum

TBIT40 - XI Fundamentals

TBIT41-mappings

TBIt42-adapters

TBIT43- BMP & patterns

TBIT44-BMP

Out of which TBIt41/42/43 are e-learning courses.

TBIT40/44 are class room sessions.

these are to done either in SAp authorized education centres or as coporate classes from your company side.

Regards

chandra dasari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneet,

If you want to have better understanding of XI...Go through the threads

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i --> Part-1

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii --> Part-2

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii > Part3

regards,

vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praneet,

You can register for any of the following course:

http://www50.sap.com/useducation/curriculum/curriculum.asp?rid=463

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praneet,

The skill XI with ABAP background is in great demand in the present market. If one knows XI with ABAP/Java, that will be greatly helpful.

XI stands for eXchange Infrastructure, which is an Integration Technology Solution from SAP. It is a Middleware technology. Eventhough, we have many middleware technologies, XI has great scope in future.

Regards

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Can u tell me dif between EDI (SAP to Non SAP) and XI?

My question we've already have some mechanism to interact with third party systems? Y again XI?

Can u explain me the above mentioned?

Praneeth

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

EDI is an standard for data exchange. It could be interpreted as set of rules based on which organizations generate their documents. These rules are universally accepted and thus enabling other organizations to understand those docs.

XI is the middleware that provides the complete Integration solution to organizations. XI reduces the complexities of overall system landscape and therefore is much preferred by organizatins. For communication XI uses universally accepted standards like xml, BPEL, wsdl etc.

Regards,

Prateek

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot compare EDI and XI. They are 2 different concepts / terminolgies.

EDI is a format for data exachnage in B2B scenarios.

XI supports EDI format so that it can communicate across firewalls and business according to specific standards.

Please look into this excellent article to understand EDI and how XI supports EDI,

Taking Care of Business -- XI and EDI

SeeBurger Provides Adapters for EDI integration using XI. Itemfield Conversion Agent is another means to communicate to a EDI system using XI

with regards

Gabriel

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi praneet

o add more...

EDI came into when there was a need to exchange data between companies ,etc..

there comes with perticular standards like anscii12 and so...so that no one will say that u fallow my method...

EDI is a technology.

EDI goes with perticular standards like HIPPA,ANSCII 12..

EDI has got point to point connection.

xi came into picture ...when u are using SAP why not SAP product to exchnage data...

XI is a tool

it has got shipped sap Components like CRM,etc.

it is an SAP tool.

Openess and interoporability.

single point of connection.

multiple database updation

with regards

Gabriel

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praneet,

check this

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/22/new-to-xi

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/03/a-beginners-guide-to-xi-certification-details

Sachin