cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web service compression in SAP XI/PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to know if some of you have used NZlib (.net) compression in any web service?,

I don't know too much about compression in web services, but can any of you send me some information of how compression is handle with the SAP XI SOAP Adapter?

Thanks a lot.

Eduardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No standard way, I guess.

Zip module could be used in different scenarios (file mainly) but not in soap sender.

Maybe using AXIS modules, but you have to investigate further on that.

Also, is it possible to pass a xstring of the zip file as a field in the inbound interface?

If yeah, you could use java mapping to extract the zip xstring into the XML.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

thanks for your quick reply.

I won't need any compression in the sender adapter, i need it mainly in the receiver because the amount of informatión is very high, and if we compress it, we can reduce the amount of information to a 15% (mainly plain text).

do you know if there is any java compression library that can be used in the web service and in the XI?

In the other hand, where I would have to use this library? in the parameters tab? writing a module (EJB)?.

thanks again.

Eduardo.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not a library, but a standard EJB module:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/965256

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

I don't know if it is possible to use it in soap adapter, probably should be (if you don't have any validation in the xml schema of the payload in receiver side, prior to the decompression method).

Regards,

Henrique.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

did PayloadZipBean worked with receiver soap adapter for you?

If yes, please give us back your valuable inputs.

Also, what kind of treatment you did on the server side?

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

This interface has been delayed. I haven't started yet. In the very moment I start, i will let you know. (sure i have more problems.... :-S ).

Thanks for your help.

Eduardo.

Answers (0)